Post Your Awesome Favia Here!

LOUISBUI

mane3215 said:
Sweet stuff Louis!

Here is my Red Eyes Favia...Mine and your blood red favia will blend together nicely, Chris...;-)

Louis

Attachments

• Red Eyes Favia.jpg
    Red Eyes Favia.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 76
This is a pretty neat peice I got a couple weeks ago from NHLblues44 in a trade.
I likey :bigbounce
Matt

Attachments

• ACANS 006.jpg
    ACANS 006.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 92

Brucey

The only one I've got but it's grown well since I've had it
Brucey

Attachments

• Favia sp Boulder Brain 1a.JPG
    Favia sp Boulder Brain 1a.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 83

Salt'n'Lime

yoshiod9 said:
i suppose favites should be allowed as well, huh, randy?

atlantis is one of our sponsors and a dfs(distant fish store...though anything within 100 miles i consider local). they have and never will disappoint! awesome people(ming and joleen) with awesome customer service. if you guys are ever in the bay area...check them out!

Just curious... I think I hit atlantis at a bad time or something... I tried for four days to reach someone to confirm an order as I was getting several pieces and one was marked possible backorder...and I did not want to ship some and then pay another shipping. Anyway...for three days I was told that a person named Joleen would have to help me and "she just stepped away".... I called 4 or 5 times a day and the same thing... finally I just left the guy my number and asked if they would call me....... no call... so I gave up and ordered some stuff off ebay and RC. Shame too cause I (and some local reef club members ) really wanted that joleens favia and pink polyp cap, and a garf frag in Alabama..... anyway... I went looking for feedback on them in RC and saw nothing but good things...so I just left it alone, and figured I caught them on a bad week...

anyway... do you guys just call the main number and get someone right off.... I know my order was only 600.00 bucks, but I was kinda let down... anyway.. did not mean to steal a thread... just thought about it again reading this post...

LOUISBUI

I think you may have caught them in a bad time... It is a Mom and Pop shop run by Ming and Joleen....They may have been overwhelmed with workload during that time since they carry lots of cool corals compared to other LFS......They have been very responsive and great to me though...I just spoke with both Ming and Joleen yesterday....Keep calling the main number or e-mailing them...

HTH

Louis

mane3215

LOUISBUI said:
I think you may have caught them in a bad time... It is a Mom and Pop shop run by Ming and Joleen....They may have been overwhelmed with workload during that time since they carry lots of cool corals compared to other LFS......They have been very responsive and great to me though...I just spoke with both Ming and Joleen yesterday....Keep calling the main number or e-mailing them...

HTH

Louis

You are not allowed to speak to Joleen or Ming anymore! That means you are buying coral, and you are allowed no more awesome coral I kust over! NONE! =).

LOUISBUI

mane3215 said:
You are not allowed to speak to Joleen or Ming anymore! That means you are buying coral, and you are allowed no more awesome coral I kust over! NONE! =).

LOL, Chris.....No worries...If I got cool stuffs, I never mind to share...I picked up the 3.5" Green w/ Pink Eyes Chalice from them for $40...Dirt cheap to me...I will do a medium cook on it when it arrives here to see its hidden color potential....;-)

Louis

tico mike

Must have been a bad time. They are both extremely cool and helpful. I've talked with them and you can here how busy it is there. Just keep trying, it's worth the wait.

I'll second that, those guys are really cool & go the extra mile to help. The prices arent cheap, but they have nice rare stuff, not run of the mill junk. I've got 3 shipments from them & have been happy every time, & every time i called , I spoke with Ming or Joleen, sometimes for 10 - 15 minutes just shooting the breeze...
Great people.
Matt

yoshiod9

funny thing...i'm local to them but have never actually seen joleen. i see ming every time i'm there though. i think ming might be tryin to pull the wool over our eyes, that trickster. :rolleyes:

anyway, here's the new favia i picked up for my birthday! both photos were taken under 32w powercompact(though pic on right is with a flash). this guy is realllllly fleshy and eats like a lord!

Attachments

• neon green favia.JPG
    neon green favia.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 52
  • neon green ring favia.JPG
    neon green ring favia.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 53

mane3215

Very nice bro, you had a heck of a bday! That looks like the same piece NHL had a while back that muflerguy now owns. Very shweet!

Holy Crap!!
I had to go check my tank to make sure mine was still there..
That looks exactly like mine, I wonder if there are more of this color morph out there?
Anyways, sweet piece.
I started mine off to the side under lower light, then I moved it under 400w MH about 30" away & it expanded big time.
Matt

mane3215

This was an awesome piece someone scored

40024_d.jpg