Post Your Awesome Favia Here!

MaryHM

RS Sponsor
Randy- it's quite odd for a Favites to look like each polyp has an individual wall rather than polyps sharing walls. Not that I wish any harm to your coral, but it would be interesting to see what the skeleton looks like.

ReefLady

Staff member
Hmmm, yes, you should examine it by slicing off a piece with a dremel tool and sending me a piece for further investigation. :contract:

Zeppelin

favite-close.gif

mps9506

I was under the impression that favites=shared corallite walls and favia=seperate corallite walls. At least that was what ole Eric B always said.

yoshiod9

so sad!! my new frags(as of last weekend) of the purple and green favia speciosa decided to die. i woke up one morning and looked in the fuge to see how they were and all i saw was bleached skeletons. i am pissed off and sad, all at the same time. the good news, though, is that the gf bought the frags so i didn't really lose out on any cash(i am a pooooooorrrrrrrrrrrr college kid.)...i just lost out on an awesome favia piece.

mane3215

Thanks Gina!

Thanks Craig, thats a really wierd favia =), I havent seen another on yet heheh.. in person its super bright red.

reef fanatic

Is this a favia, i think it is but always seem to be unsure...lol. VaReefman, this is the one I was telling you I was trying to ID. Whatever it is I love the color or blue and burgundy
061_61.jpg

LOUISBUI

Here are two unknown favia sp. that I have shown in RC last year...They have changed a bit since then...The first one resembles Favia Veroni a bit based on Veron's book, Vol 3, Page 129, Pic 4....The second one starts developing Pink with lime/light yellow center...These two favia sp. are taken under 400W 10K MH...They seems to do well under this light intensity....

Louis

Attachments

• Favia Veroni.jpg
    Favia Veroni.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Pink Green Favia Unknown.jpg
    Pink Green Favia Unknown.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 82