Poll-Cost of a reef tank???

what is the best tank for a new reefer???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boozeman

wow..deja vu seeing this thread pop up again...now that I am closer to getting my reef set up. I can safely estimate the aproximate total cost to be around 15k :bouncebox

mps9506

boozeman said:
wow..deja vu seeing this thread pop up again...now that I am closer to getting my reef set up. I can safely estimate the aproximate total cost to be around 15k :bouncebox

Are you adding in the price of all the alcohol you are drinking while assembling pvc parts, or the cost of extra pvc parts and glue because you were drinking while assembling. :D

BTW, whose building the tank?

spanglish

OOps Here it is
20061118_0314.jpg

STAR RIDGE

l would say from a retailer stand point a fully set up reef tank which would include: tank, stand, canopy, lights(pc's, mh and moon lights), reflecter, sump, pumps, skimmer, power heads, live rock( 2 pounds per gallon), substrate(2"), plumbing, test kits, salt, power strips, timers, six stage ro/di, mag-float and cleaner crew coupon( for after cycle).
75 gallon--$4700.00
90 gallon--$4950.00
125 gallon-$6200.00

again this is from a retail stand point and is what we charge for a complete set-up. i hope this info is helpful in your poll. i know we have a lot of do it yourselfers but this is for those who are not so crafty. we also do not cut corners on quality. we see a lot of adds for reef set-ups that claim to be cheeper but remember you get what you pay for. and again, a skimmer is not just a skimmer. there are a lot of products out there that claim to do the job that just don't. so those of you who are thinking about a reef tank, do your research and ask lots of questions. a reef is a large investment and also a major piece of furniture that is usually in a prominent place in the house. the right equipment will make reef keeping a joy not a job. joe.

saltwaterfarm

Ditto BoomerD...
BTW, no one has accounted for the "upgrade" which is part of the addiction 6 months after you start...

kinghokus420

yeah tell me about it... my tank is less than a year old and im already going to a 135. i just added another 1500 on top of the original 3500 up to 5K