Pink Tip Anthias

blue_eyes53813

HI All, Well my fiance surprised me Saturday with 3 beautiful pt anthias... They are gorgeous fish... I havent bought any fish since last fall and I was talking to him and i mentioned I need to start adding more livestock to the tank....

Ok So my question is for anybody out there that knows a good feeding schedule for these fish. In the past I have had no luck with these fish. Had I bought the fish myself I would of researched before BUT.... lol....

They are very healthy and plump. Yesterday I fed them 3-4 small meals of cyclop eaze which they went absolutely nuts. I also fed my tangs some algae strips which I seen a couple of the anthias nibble on the floating algae in the tank. Also in one of the feedings I added a small (very small ) pinch of rods food to the mix... I just dont want to over feed the tank but I want to keep the anthias plump.

Any Help would be great...:heart:

lcstorc

I think you are on the right track. I am going with several small feedings for my Bartletts. I have found that they really like the small pellets. They usually get that when I am in a hurry in the morning and then frozen mixture 2 or 3 times later.

blue_eyes53813

Thank You Lynn.. I just put a 1/2 cube of mysis in the tank and they went nuts again.

Hey... Maybe you have seen your anthias do this before... The bigger of the three is doing a weird sideways wiggle (dont know how else to explain lol ) and than it swims back to the other 2 anthias. It is completely on it side and then goes up right again... I hope it is not sick or else it is taking dominance.. Really weird snake movement...

BigJay

I'd like to see some pics too!

I believe they form a hierarchy if not mistaken. Could be the movements like you suggested. Speaking out my rear though since I never kept them. Good luck!

bluespotjawfish

lol - It is normal for them to act like that. My 3 Bartletts usually get fed Rods Food once a day, but on occasion I will give the tank a small snack later in the day (Bluezoo's Food). They are fat! My 2 disbars get 3 small meals a day, usually just the Bluezoo Food, but occasionally Rods Food, frozen cyclopeeze, or whatever else I am feeding another tank. I have only had the disbars for about a month.