Pictures of my reef

Chris3859

I am a terrible camera man, and I had just messed in the tank so some of the corals were not fully open. Hope you enjoy! And yes, my nosey yellow tang made himself known in just about every pic.

001.jpg

015.jpg

012.jpg

021.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

016.jpg

013.jpg

004.jpg

002.jpg

vdituri

Nice tank!

You're right, judging by the pics you feed using that camera.
That yellow tang is anything but shy.

Chris3859

Thanks guys! Yeah, that tang is something else. When I have my habd in the tank, he will nibble on my hands. He's a big baby that loves attention.

Chris3859

Thanks Robert. It's a Coralife AquaLight Pro with 10K XM 150watt HQI and 2 96 watt dual (420/460nm) actinics.

Chris3859

Fishnu,

I have been thinking of hanging these lights too. They are so wide and low to the tank that you can't get into the tank very easily. Feeding even becomes a problem. Did you use the Coralife hanging kit on yours?

Oh, and it's a 75. Oceanic has these strange tank sizes...it is 48x18x21.5. So I guess it's like an 80 or something...LOL

fishnu

Yes Chris, I used the Coralife kit, and eggcrate, which makes things doubly difficult, but I was just looking at the Sunlight Supply Sunlifts, which would allow me to raise and lower the lights.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Chris that is one VERY impressive tank! WOW! Love the tang! Yall are making me want a tang in mine!!

How long has it been up and running?

That's a good looking light fixture. It closely resembles the one I'm running (Outer Orbit Pro). One thing I can tell you is that with it that close to the water keep all your glass clean. It doesn't take much "grime" from salt creep etc to really cut down on light penetration.

Again your tank looks SWEET!!!! :)

Chris3859

It is actually a transplant from my 55 gal tank. I have had it set up for 4 to 6 weeks now. I used all the LS, LR and water from the old tank so there was not even a slight ammonia spike. Everything went very well. It's still a young tank and I constantly scrub coralline off of all the glass. I only let it grow on the power heads and overflow. Oh yeah, I clean the light once a week, but I have very, very little problem with salt creep...thank goodness. Now salt creep is a problem in my sump/refuge area!

CMG

Very Nice! Does your clown host the bubble coral? Just curious. I like your rock too, what kind is that. I have the fiji stuff so its not as spike looking.

Chris3859

Everyone seems to like my strange rock! It's Totoka, with a Fiji Premium base rock. It seems to be fairly rare from what I can tell in most reefer's tanks. I love it though and it makes mounting corals a breeze. When I frag my leathers, I put them directly onto the totoka rock with a bubber band and they usually attach fairly quickly.

And yes, the clown attempted to host the bubble coral. I read somewhere on here to attach a fishing bobber on a small amount of mono line and let it bob. I did that and the clown was livid for a few days, got over it and has never bothered the coral again. Now he tries to host the frogspawn and clove coral. I think he is confused...but hey, he is tank raised, what do you expect?? LOL