Picasso & Snowcasso Clownfish for sale~

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Yes, Georgia will be $50 and will be delivered by 10:30am (most locations).
Most North Carolina residents will have less expensive shipping as I can ship ground and it will be delivered the next afternoon.

cioutlaw

Roughly at what age do the stripes stop spreading? My grade B I think I bought in March or April & is starting to get black around the edges. Would you assume the white stripes are done spreading?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Roughly at what age do the stripes stop spreading? My grade B I think I bought in March or April & is starting to get black around the edges. Would you assume the white stripes are done spreading?

The stripes continue to spread on many of them until they are around 1 year old and maybe a bit after. I've only kept six offspring to judge this by in addition to customers following up once theirs have matured. Some will continue to spread more than others. The normal striped clowns will not spread; it's only the juveniles that already have a lot of white (B's, A's and Snowcassos) that continue to spread.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
What are the differences between the grades of the clowns besides the price?:snowski:

Right now all the juveniles are siblings and are from the same parents. Although I do have more fry growing up from another spawning pair that will be available in 3 months.
As far as patterns, the base grade A's have two stripes connecting on both sides, the base grade B's have more white than normal stripes and the Snowcassos have a majority of white. There are different variations of patterns within each grade and the fish with more white cost more. There could be a basic B with more white than a normal striped but not be nearly as flashy as another B that might have a helmet, sideburns, and a significant amount of white which would cost more. Many grade B's actually have more white than grade A's and many A's are are very, very close to being a Snowcasso. I have noticed that the majority of B's are much nicer than the basic A's. It just depends on the patterns.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Don't laugh at my lack of paint-brush skills :D

SIZE CHART
sizechart.jpg

Ericm1205

Doni,
have you noticed any females really killing their mates?
i bought a pair from you in Nov 09, the male died in Jan. i tried to add 2 ORA snows and they lasted a day and the other 5 days.
then the last one i got lasted 3 weeks and it is missing.
any ideas..??

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Doni,
have you noticed any females really killing their mates?
i bought a pair from you in Nov 09, the male died in Jan. i tried to add 2 ORA snows and they lasted a day and the other 5 days.
then the last one i got lasted 3 weeks and it is missing.
any ideas..??

That is very odd indeed!
What makes you think the female is killing them? Did she attack them?
Were they eating okay?
What other fish/inverts do you have in the tank?
What size is your tank?

Ericm1205

reason i think she is killing them is because she was nasty to 2 of the ORA ones but nice to yours....atlease for a while, i think. i never seen her kill the snowcassos, but nothing in my tank could really have done it cause the (YWG, Friedmani Dotti and a pygmy angel.) other fish are not very hostile to each other or mean. i cant see them going after a clown. i do stare at my tank alot and i never see any real hostilities that would have me believe they would kill.
in my 24g jbj hqi nano i feed mysis, cyclops and other awesome blend of food
from a local person and they clowns and other fish eat great. the clowns are pigs.

are you having a pair snows up for sale?
i might have to move the "black widow" to another tank to sell her. cause she cost me like $600 or more in partners for her. damn. any discounts on 4th time buyers?