PH question

carmexx

Ok, to start I have a 57 Deep blue RR, deep sand bed(3-4 inches), maybe 60 lbs of live rock, 2 hydra LED's about 9-10 inches above waterline. I run a SRO1000 skimmer, sicce 4.0 return pump, and 2 aqua medic 4.0 powerheads. I monitor with a reef keeper elite maintaining 78.0 to 79.0F temp and a SG of 35 ppt.

That being said, I have questioned my temp probe and ph probe so I have done a few factory resets and recalibrated. Now I am finally happy with the PH probe, as it is accurate finally. On the other hand I am still monitoring my temp with a second and third temp probe/glass tube. I have primarily sps/lps and everything is thriving. I do 10 gallon water changes per week. Run a filter sock and change about every 5 days. I don't dose and also don't have any coraline algae...been setup for about 2 years.

My PH measures 7.55 right now and I used a test kit to confirm it and it's close enough. Should I be concerned? I know it should be around 8.1 roughly. As I said I have great growth. Great polyp extension on my red planet and strawberry shortcake. At night my acans go crazy with extension as well as my other sps (green stag and green mili). here's a shot of the tank........

005.12.jpg

cracker

Hey Carr does the tank look like every thing is well? I "think" that if Your CA ,Alk and Mg levels are Ok then the ph will follow. Again I "Think" if Ya check those levels ??