Pauls 130D

What are the possible causes of a persistently high PH ?

My PH this morning was reading 8.75 both electronic and chemically, it never seems to fall below 8.6, I am supplementing calcium and topping evap with RO have laid off kalkwasser for some time. Everything seems happy but I would like to get this down a bit ?

Thanks for advice.

Paul.

JimmyJ

Mine has been around 8.6 as well and everything seems to look happy in the tank. I have stopped dosing Alk a few days ago since it was up to 12 so hopefully that will also bring the pH down as well.

Hi guys,

Apologies for not being here in a while but at least that has meant I have not had major problems !. My water appears much more stable and that may have something to do with a change of salt (DD Ocean Pro) or perhaps more likely I am getting better at husbandry. My PH does not drop below 8.6 I am dosing a maintenance amount of Calcium and a little magnesium but other than that just RO water. Yesterday I got my little Angel which I had been waiting for, he is very shy so please excuse the strange camera angle. My corals are growing and looking happy and am enjoying watching the tank instead of the TV !

Thanks and best wishes to all.

Paul.

P1000116.jpg

magicmann

Paul

Your tank looks great and your new edition very pretty. It must be good to have fish in your fish tank.

Paul

Hi all,

Question, I have been thinking about my external canister filter Tetratec EX600 which is in the cabinet below the aquarium and so lifting I guess just under a meter. The flow rate is not great from the filter at this height although I cannot find a graph predicting what it might be. I am not having problems but wondered what your views were on whether contact time or flow rate is better for chemical media, in my external I am running CPE and a huge bag of Rowacarbon. The filter itself is causing no issues my nitrate is zero and it stays very clean. Would you think about altering flow rates etc or do you think the longer contact time for the water is beneficial.
Apologies if a stupid question having an OCD evening !

Best wishes

Paul.

Dweezil

Paul ~ Somehow I missed the pictures of your new Angel. It's beautiful :) The tank looks great!

Well as promised here are pics of tank with new corals don't look too bad they have only been in a couple of hours after a post journey !

P1000130.jpg

P1000131.jpg

P1000132.jpg

Fingers crossed they are ok !

Best wishes to everyone

Paul.