Painted cabinet?

garyfalkland

I just purchased a second hand Red Sea Max 130. I love it but my wife hates the black cabinet. Has anyone painted their cabinet. (thought about changing wife but too busy)
If so how did you get on?
What type of paint/method did you use?
Any pics?

Hope someone can help as searched internet with no help on this.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Welcome to Reef Sanctuary and the RSM Club!

I don't recall anyone painting the cabinet, but I would think it could be done. Maybe someone can give advice on the best type of paint to use. It would have to be something that would adhere to the vinyl/plastic covering on the cabinet, and can hold up to SW spills. I'm not sure I'd want to paint the tank rim or hood though. See what others have to say. Good luck with the tank!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
+1 ^ don't remember any post of it being done... but bet you could

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

steved13

PREMIUM
You might want to experiment on one of the shelves first, at least it won't show to the public if it goes sideways on you. I would try Krylon which is made to bond to plastics, if it's a vinyl.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good idea Steve. I'm just guessing on the vinyl covering. Not really sure what it is.

garyfalkland

I found a paint that would be perfect called 'dulux cuboard paint. This is an one coat paint for those who wish to change the colors of their kitchen cuboard doors. Some nice neutral colors there too.