OT: Texas State Aquarium accidentally kills 100 fish in largest tanks while fighting parasite

Oxylebius

I'm wondering if they either, 1) added too much meds as we are talking a huge amount of water, or 2) didn't do the water change, as again we are talking a huge amount of water. And most of the meds do recommend water changes after a certain amount of time. Shoot, if flatworms, directions usually say to change out the water right away b/c the toxins that are released from the worms cause all kinds of problems killing off critters in the tank....

sirrealism

Oxylebius I agree. More then that if it was a flat worm issue then why not use a natural cure. Wrasses will do a great job of getting rid of them. I know it would take many to do the job with the size of the tank but still wouldnt it be better to use some fish. I know there were large fish in the tank that might eat the wrasses but I have dove in the gulf and there are tons of wrasses out there with plenty of sharks and predators. I guess I am just not a fan of using chemicals in a reef system if there is anyway I can help it. I had an explosion of red flat worms and got a 6 line and with in a month I could not find any flat worms.