OT: Pictures of my Adventure in the Arctic

teresa

Hi Everyone,
Just came back from a tour of Greenland. I was on a Russian ship and went quite far North.The cruise ended in a small town called Resolute, population a few hundred people.
Like to share some pictures with you.
Whale and Us
WhaleandUs.jpg

Scene taken at 4.00 am
Pictakenat4.00am.jpg

Polar Bear in the Wild
PolarBear.jpg

Colour of Ice
ColourofIce.jpg

Zodiac Landing
ZodiacLanding.jpg

Cruising On the Zodiac
CruisingontheZodiac.jpg

Walrus
Walrusesinthewild.jpg

Teresa

Last edited by a moderator:

teresa

Re: Pictures of my Adventure in the Arctic

More Pics of my trip
Whales and Us

WhaleandUs.jpg

Wild Birds
wildbirdsoftheArctic.jpg

Teresa

InLimbo87

Wow! Looks like an amazing trip. I've always been fascinated by the arctic, and their interesting species of animals. Looks like thats another trip I'll have to plan for the future.

Thanks for sharing :)

Techno-Vicki

Ok, can you say WOW loud enough How amazingly beautiful. Looks just a bit cold though. Love the polar bear. thank you for sharing.

teresa

You can check this out. "Peregrine Adventures"
I went with them.
Teresa

Wow! Looks like an amazing trip. I've always been fascinated by the arctic, and their interesting species of animals. Looks like thats another trip I'll have to plan for the future.

Thanks for sharing :)

Mermaid

I second every thing everyone has said; but, what I really want is the bird you are using ----- I hope you really have one. I have had so many kinds of birds but I still have not had, and want, is the Solomon Island Eclectus. Eclectus have it all.

Hope you get the rest of you beautiful pictures posted.

Thanks for enriching our lives

Mermaid

kathywithbirds

a. Pictures are beautiful!

b. Pictures are also proof that seagulls are EVERYWHERE.

c. Another Eclectus lover!! (Don't have one but would love one. The African Grey and Senegal have other ideas.)

teresa

Thank you everyone.
It was a fantastic trip. Everything is casual.Sweat pants, Thick sweaters, wool socks and wear anything that will keep you warm. No fuss,no muss. Food in the ship is FANTASTIC.
Took lots of pics, will try to show you more later, do not want you to bore you all.
Thanks for the comments.

teresa

This is for Kathywithbirds and Mermaid.
Yes I do have Eclectus Parrots in fact I have a male and a female and also an African Grey.
Here they are.

Pinky
Pinky.jpg

Chico

Chico.jpg

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thanks for sharing your pictures! i liked the "Scene taken at 4.00 am" so much i made it my background for a while. :)

kathywithbirds

So do you find Buddy is the one in charge, pushier than Pinky? I have come across a couple pairs in the past and that was always the case. They and the Rose Breasted Cockatoos (want one of those too!!) used to quietly invade the kitchen of the pet store I worked at and proceed to (again, quietly, and efficiently) wreak havoc. And have a ball in the process.

Is your gray a girl? Guessing by the size of the head, although the angle of the pic might be throwing my guess.

Sorry to get off topic but you can't get me started about the birds, I'll never stop!!

teresa

Hi Frankie,
I will post more pics of the sunsets in the Arctic tomorrow. They are really fantastic. Of the 12 days I was there, the nights did not get dark at all.
Cheers.

Thanks for sharing your pictures! i liked the "Scene taken at 4.00 am" so much i made it my background for a while. :)