OT~Other Addictions

Witfull

also video games- as of last night, it was Tom Clancy's "Splinter Cell" took a few weeks,,but i won~ now its onto "slpinter Cell-Pandora Tomorrow"

jimeluiz

Luiz and I love to travel. His family lives in Rio, Brazil, so we go there about every other year. In the interim we choose some other exotic (and hopefully cheap) location. we've been to Thailand, Greece, Turkey, French Guiana, Cyprus and several places in Europe. The introduction of the Euro and the dive of the $US has limited our choices of late. Next in our sights is China, but we are going back to Brazil this February to buy property, so China will have to wait.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I think I am addicted to large mouth bass fishing in southern florida now :D If I sold one of my horses, I could buy a nice rod, reel and have a good dwn pymt on a boat! lol~

Warnberg

Woodstock, I live on a 3 to 5 acre pond that I stocked 3 years ago. The kids are now catching tons of brim and then using them to catch bass anywhere from 3 to 10 lbs...
And yes I live just outside of Tampa

Gina

RS STAFF
Woodstock said:
I think I am addicted to large mouth bass fishing in southern florida now :D If I sold one of my horses, I could buy a nice rod, reel and have a good dwn pymt on a boat! lol~

:eek: Sell your horse?

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
Well I am addicted to travel for one thing...seen 3 of the 4 oceans, been on 3 continents and 10 countries and I have not even touched what I want to see. I love working out (running, cycling, ice hockey), I love history and natural history, mainly Dinosaurs (my living room looks like a paleontological museum), collecting fossils, building models, collecting stamps and enjoy the rigors of underwater basket weaving... :rolleyes:

Cheers!
:)

KimPossible

Before I started staring into my tank... I was staring up into the night sky. I go out by the river often and set up my scope and just look at the night sky. My girls know every constallation, every defining object....ohhhhh....last night we had the fullest moon...that is one of the best things about Arizona, besides the sunsets, we get to see the largest moons..defined, big ball of rock...the man in the moon.
Drawing...since I was in elementary, playing my flute...since elementary.
Camping, hiking, cycling and working out.

Newt

Well my passion other than keeping my reef tank first and foremost would be drawing and painting. It's something that I've loved since I was young. Something about the visual arts just appeals to me. My other hobbies include hunting, shooting clays, canoeing, biking, and honing in on my photography skills.

rckmtl

Well, besides reading a lot, I'm trying to learn enough about photography to be decent at it. But I think what I really want for my new hobby is Eating Witty's Food. I think that is a hobby I could seriously enjoy. We should have a contest, and the winner gets witty to cook for them for a week!

Gina

RS STAFF
Woodstock said:
Just one of them... want one? ;)

If we already lived on some land....yes!
We hope to find a place in the next couple of years where I could have my horses and Mark can have a place to fly his birds.

fugazi

striper fishing!! I am consumed with the ever so elusive 60lb striper. I get the beach buggy pass for IBSP and LBI every year. I have almost a much tied up in fishing poles than i do my reef tanks comined.

Gina

RS STAFF
Woodstock said:
Fly his birds?? Domesticated falcons and such? Cool! I'd love to see some pics!

Here are his birds...
First one is a Harris Hawk. This bird was hand raised.
Second Bird is a Red-Tail Hawk. This bird was captured about 20 years ago?

Last edited:

Sharkbait

It'd be a toss up for me, snowboarding or scuba diving.I wish I could find a cheap hobby I liked.I am insanely crazy for both, I like the rush.

alice_curiouser

Those are SO cool Gina; I always thought that would be a fascinating hobby.

Nothing quite so exciting for me - I am a video game junkie (mostly classic RPGs), I also like scrapbooking and other crafts, and I dabble in photography.

livingreef2004

my hobbies cover a wide range so ill stick to my favorites reefkeeping is a given my second love is gardening i absolutley love to go out on a perfect sunny day and fish the banks of the Conococheague creek, i like photography cars and computers
before i had my car accident and broke my neck and back in 1993 i was really into rock climbing and mountain biking i still do both from time to time its just a lil scary at times now lol:) oh and im with wit i love to cook its always a big plus with the ladies;)

corvettephreek

my hobbies seem to change quite frequently.... i was into boats, i had a 1967 silverline i was restoring, then it was used in an arson incident....(not serious, but i sold it anyhoo) got into go- karts again, lost interest, then into DB drag (sound competition for cars).... sold my truck.... now I am into model railroading, and it seems to be fun. i am almost done with an HO layout, next is a 4*8 N layout.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Sweeeet pics Gina! Thanks! I've seen people 'flying' that type of bird on television, it looks really cool.

Wow... you folks are interesting!