OT~Other Addictions

Witfull

other addictions

so, what elso do you love to do?

ill start, i love to cook, but i cannot follow a recipe. i practice the ancient art of Suma cookin'. it a fungsway form, that each meal must come together in its own special manner.

next?

ScottT1980

My other addiction is music. I have about 1000+ CDs of live shows. I used to go to atleast 3 shows a week, but I just don't have the time anymore and I just can't hold out like I used too.

Just for a glimpse of my collection: www.phishhook.com/lists/ScottT1980

Take er easy
Scott T.

Gina

RS STAFF
I used to have alot of other hobbies when I was younger. I used to ride horses and compete in Rodeos. I used to be a figure skater, played the piano...the list goes on. Now, until we can buy a house out in the country and I can get back into horses it's gardening.

wooddood

the wood dude
well after reefing i would have to say woodworking i just love building things. hey dave does budwieser count lol.

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Hmmm.....I have lots of things that I enjoy doing, but I guess my other official hobby is Triathlons. Too bad I picked another expensive hobby - I couldn't have picked something like "grass clipping collecting" or "Leaf counting" - Nope, and the husband is into it, too. First tri is coming up - taking a trip down to St. Louis to see Curt, and subject my body to the torturous effects of the triathlon.

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Nikki, When I was a teenager I made the mistake one time of getting out of the pool and then biking about 10 miles...can you say chafe!!! I never understood how triathaletes did it....Good luck in St Louis!!!

I also enjoy photography, or at least taking pictures, LOL, and shooting.

NaH2O

Contributing Member
can you say chafe

There is an excellent product called "Body Glide" - I highly recommend its use in marathons, half marathons, and triathlons, for those that don't know about it. Believe me, after a couple of hours out there - when it's all over you know where you missed using it :D

Curtswearing

Scott,

I looked at your link......You da' man!!!

Pat Metheny, Thelonious Monk, Muddy Waters, BB King, Miles Davis (the inventor of fusion), George Clinton, Louis Armstrong, Pink Floyd, John Coltrane.....the list goes on and on.

You have some great music there.

I love to cook but hate to clean up afterwards as I'm not very efficient at it. I also like bonsai and reading.

ScottT1980

Yeah Curt, it is a pretty diverse list...I just like anything creative and interesting, Jazz being one of my favorite genres. If you ever want an interesting read and are really into Miles Davis, read his autobiography. Very interesting if you can look past the language. He certainly didn't make things any easier on himself during his lifetime...

Take er easy
Scott T.

manopie

Hello all . . . back on the sanctuary after quite a hiatus . . . just lost interest in reading online . . .

My 4 hobbies all cost me a fortune -- mY first of course are my aquariums, My second is computers (gotta have that latest upgrade -- thank goodness I sell em too or it'd be WAY more. . .) and my third hobby is Astronomy . . . my fourth is reading . . .

SO all in all, I'm a very broke boy and my wife is OK with it . . . for NOW . . . I can't wait til the kids are old enough to take care of the tanks then I'll have more time to spread across a couple of these hobbies!!

Simon

Cougra

My other major hobby besides aquariums is reading and I would like to get back into building robots again but the cost is even worse then the cost of caring for tanks!

Maxx

I'm just getting back into working out...bartending til 4 am every night makes it tough to stay in good shape. However the police academy is doing wonders in that regard...
I really enjoy martial arts, photography,shooting, and motorcycles.....
probably the cheapest hobby I have is reading...I'm addicted to Stephen King novels.
I've gotten my girlfriend, hooked on motorcycles too......she really wants her own. We need to get her lessons first though.
Nick

DuhJeepster

I have some other hobbies too. My Jeep (of course), surfing/sponge boarding, diving and very soon I will be working and giving TLC to my Mom's 35 foot dual engine cabin cruiser, which is soon to be moved down here to NE Florida.

UnderWaterParadise

my name is Rob and I'm a Zooaholic
Well lets see here..... Hunting, fishing, camping,the most expensive, Reef Tanks, collecting 49ers football memrobillia, and my 1970 Olds Cutlass Supreme that is on it's way to the shop for a new Heart and Guts;)

Warnberg

Well.... besides my tank and family, there would be those other two real expensive hobbies I have..... fishing and flying