OT: How's the weather?

jimeluiz

Here in the southern hemisphere we are moving from summer to fall. Works for me. We're leaving the high 90s degree heat and blistering sun (even under umbrellas at the beach with a slushy-cold beer) for cooler 80 degree days with high 70s at night.

Perfect. :clink: :whstlr: :whstlr: :whstlr: :snshne:

rlcline76

So I did yoga today with the intention of going for my run tonight, stepped outside for something...

Something was amiss.

Something coming over the mountains and drooping just so. Just a little white and puffy.

Freakin cloud!

Crap.

So I hurried indoors to check the weather forecast. Oh yes...it's getting ready to throw off my outdoor schedule for the next 4-5 days. 55 mph winds starting tonight and lasting through the week. Dust storms are a-comin.

kathywithbirds

Just watch that sun, Craig. Skin cancer has increased exponentially. Allegedly another effect of pollution and its magnification of UV rays or something scientific like that.

Weather here took a turn for the better. Warmer, no more rain. Still needs to warm up more yet. I want SUMMER!!! NOW!!!

rlcline76

Just watch that sun, Craig. Skin cancer has increased exponentially. Allegedly another effect of pollution and its magnification of UV rays or something scientific like that.

Yeah, that is just what I was thinking, considering Craig already had cancer, if I recall correctly.

Bad

BoomerD

Weather here took a turn for the better. Warmer, no more rain. Still needs to warm up more yet. I want SUMMER!!! NOW!!!

Definitely don't want to end up like this:

OldTan.jpg

Craig Manoukian

Limited exposure with no burning , based on skin type and pigmentation does not lead to basal skin cancers. I had a melanoma which is caused by an acidic system from too many refined carbohydrates. thanks for thinking of me.

Late afternnon sun for 30 to 45 minutes is what my mediterranean/middle eastern skin tone.

rlcline76

BoomerD, I am still trying to digest supper...ugh.
I went out at one point today. We have a crappy black oak in the back yard. Last week the winds were so bad, the thing was leaning. I touched the trunk and I could see the sod moving beneath. This was not the first time I figured the tree wouldn't make it. It started getting leaves last month and they are already browning. So I guess that means it is Fall?

rlcline76

The sky is brown today. Windows closed...still coughing around the house.

Trying to dismantle the QT...that last gallon in the tank has my livingroom smelling like fish butt...driving me nuts. Gotta get it out of here.

dianezoo

Sunny Hot dry 90s and very windy today.
Cinco De Myo will be perfect in the 80s Think I'll get some mexican beer to celebrate even though my neighbors are not moving.

BoomerD

We're no the downward cycle of the weather see-saw again. I think it hit 72 today...which is fine with me...I hate HOT weather, and I KNOW it's coming. The mid-90's last week were a quick reminder...:p

rlcline76

Sunny Hot dry 90s and very windy today.
Cinco De Myo will be perfect in the 80s Think I'll get some mexican beer to celebrate even though my neighbors are not moving.

There is only so much celebrating on the neighbor's behalf that I can do...so I do not have immediate neighbors...but I did manage to get my nitrates down to 2ppm from 20ppm. Putting up that aquafuge was the hardest time of my life. I think this is cause for celebration this weekend. Mmmmmmm Buffalo Dip!

thelastmucci

becky why did you have such a huge spike (or is this in the QT tank???) Anyway its dark out here and there is a frost advisory in effect till 7 am EST. about 36 out right now....I'm up because I have a splitting headache and can't sleep *sigh* we need to have a sigh smiley.

rlcline76

Mucci, it wasn't a spike...20 ppm was as low as I could get it to go without a fuge.
11:56 and you are not sleeping? It is about 4 here. I went to bed at 9. The 4yr old decided that he was going to lay down with me. Yapped until 10:30 before he passed out (A little of everything...Star Wars, monsters, his feelings about the word "butt".) Half an hour later the snoring wonder came to bed. So I hit the couch and the winds are keeping me up.

SJS

becky why did you have such a huge spike (or is this in the QT tank???) Anyway its dark out here and there is a frost advisory in effect till 7 am EST. about 36 out right now....I'm up because I have a splitting headache and can't sleep *sigh* we need to have a sigh smiley.

Sorry about the headache - sinus? migraine? tension? I have felt your pain - I still get sinus headaches several times a year - try a humidifier, or just a really hot shower, helps, at least temporarily. Migraine - I learned some meditation years ago that helps make them more bearable. None of the latest meds work for my migraines - thankfully I only get a few a year. Tension - I have noticed that working out has really decreased my once daily tension headaches. Try some shoulder rolls, neck rolls, and a hot shower (amazing how a hot shower solves so many problems!) turn off the lights, light a candle or two...