OT How do you make a living???

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Let see how everyone makes a living.

Myself I test cranes and boom trucks like the one pictured. We push there limits then set them up so opperators in the field can't make a mistake like this.

I wasn't running this one but I was right beside it when it went over the opperator grabbed the wrong control and the rest is history.Good thing I was wearing a hard hat LMAO.

It happens not often. so what does everyone else do.

292002_Nat_l_002.JPG

292002_Nat_l_007.JPG

Luckly no one was hurt. The boom truck pictured had 160ft of boom in the air when it went over. I was standing about where the guy in the green pull over was.Before that I was out under it taking a measurement. That was close

ghostwolf

I work for an Anheuser-Busch wholesaler and we cover 4 counties in Northeast Mississippi. :clink: My husband works for American-Eurocopter. Needless to say...my job is more fun than his!

Lin

BoomerD

LOL! @ EEK's pics. I've been a crane operator for about 30 years, and have seen the dirty side of a few cranes and boom trucks over the years...Disabled for the past 2-1/2 years, and MIGHT be re-training to become a Safety Technician, inspecting accidents like that one...I wanted to train to be an MRI tech, but they say it's too much for my back, so, this might be a suitable alternative.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I have a wood flooring company. Its hard work but pays well and I get satisfaction out of the finished product. Here's a few pictures. the first 2 are distrest walnut and the other is wormy chestnut.

Last edited:

Kensn

I am a maintenance technician at a food processing plant. I have a wide varity of duties including PLC programing and troubleshooting,maintenance and troubleshooting of machinery and electrical installation and troubleshooting. PLCs, VFDs, RTDs, GMPs. LIB

Ken

I work part-time as a project manager at a small advertising/pr firm, do catering/bartending on the weekends and freelance writing and design to fill in any gaps!

Medic415

I work nearly 2 full time jobs as a Paramedic and put several volunteer hours a week as the Emergency Medical Services Administrator along with being a Fire Fighter with the local Fire & Rescue squad in my area.

Anselth

I am an environmental consultant. I clean up other people's messes so they don't get fined by the government.

jcoopergd

Well, I USED to Manage a Restaurant in Los Angeles, but now I work for a restaurant software company.....My job is to make the software work with each client....But im jsut starting my 3rd week....

j

Shells

I work in the ship building industry.
I work in Engineering as a structural/outfitting designer for
a Mega Yacht company here in the Gulfport.
I've also worked on Navy vessels as well as commercial
vessels, from New Orleans, to Mobile.
I work contract for these companies.

meandean45

I'm an inspector for the Northeast Lumber Manufacturers Association.
We are the rules writing agency for Eastern White pine, and enforce the National Grade rules for softwood lumber in New England and the NE states:) .
We also audit and control Heat treating practices for pest control in International shipments of solid wood packaging.
Dean

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Recruiter/payroll rep/personnel mgr for a large university dept of about 1k employees... Wit, can I borrow your cuffs??