OT: Getting a tattoo

BarbMazz

LOL! Barb, I had 4 sessions with one of mine, with healing between, about 8 hrs in total, his was with modern equipment, I simply could not imagine having it done with a shark tooth stuck on a paddle

Yeah, but I'm a Tough Broad, and you're only a Sasquatch!

I sure talk big don't I?

kathywithbirds

LOVE the women with body suits. Of course, I'd like the body to go with it :tears: :spam:

Mod Edit:
I removed the link since the pictures were a bit revealing Kathy. I like em though I would want those bodies too :D
Feel free to pm kathy for the link, or me, I bookmarked it :)
mps9506

Oh!! Sorry, didn't think of that. There's drawings of women with body suits, no lower anatomy but the top is showing. Two of those posters are at No Ka Oi (sp??) in Philly, where I got my dragon done. I stared at them for hours at a time.

mps9506

Oh!! Sorry, didn't think of that. There's drawings of women with body suits, no lower anatomy but the top is showing. Two of those posters are at No Ka Oi (sp??) in Philly, where I got my dragon done. I stared at them for hours at a time.

no problem. I need to order those posters now though :D don't need the men in thongs though...

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Get the Blue Spot Club logo! :D

BlueSpotted_Jawfish_outline_type_-1.jpg

boozeman

yeah, was just talking to steve about that... need to get the right artist 'cause its something that you will live with for the rest of your life.

mps9506

I'll tat an Elos symbol on ya for $5 Booze :D I seen how to make a homemade tat gun on the last episode of Behind Bars on MSNBC, even showed how to make the ink with toliet water....

tbittner

I read this thread and the only thing I can think of was when Eric (on That 70's Show) had Tommy Chong give him a tattoo and he kept spelling Donna's name wrong.

"It's ok, I can fix that"

:lol:

Frankie

RS STAFF
I think you need a good old fashion Battle ship across the chest. You could have the name ~U.S.S. Reef Sanctuary~ On the port bow :D

BoomerD

In my youth, I ended up drunk and in a couple of tatoo parlors in various "less-than-desirable" places, some in the Philippines, some in Vietnam, others right here in the USA...I NEVER could find anything that I felt was something I wanted permanently inked on my body, not even the EG&A. Of course, it didn't hurt that in the back of my mind was a standing order in my platoon...ANY ONE OF YOU "FINE, OUTSTANDING MARINES" (I'm sure your imaginations can substitute the actual words he used) COMES BACK WITH A TATTOO, YOU GET AN IMMEDIATE TRANSFER! GOT IT?

Sir! Yes Sir!

No one wanted that transfer, and in almost 2 years, no one EVER came back from leave with a tattoo of any kind that I ever heard about.

Since then, I've been in a couple of tattoo shops, looked very hard at the selections, even had my own artwork a couple of times, but the permanence of a tattoo (don't forget, it's also considered an "identifying mark"...) has kept me from ever inking up.

mps9506

(don't forget, it's also considered an "identifying mark"...) has kept me from ever inking up.

I got my first tat when I was 18 and thought I was old enough to do anything I wanted. I came home from college that summer and my mom noticed it through the sleeve of a white t shirt I was wearing. My little 4'10" mom smacked me across the face like I was a little 8 year old brat and put me in my place.
She was convinced for a good week or so that I had joined up with a gang...

Xtreme1024

I got one when I was 17 and another and 21. At 36 I regret them both and wished I had researched them more before doing something so permanent.

kathywithbirds

No reputable tattoo shop will do you if you're drunk or otherwise incapacitated anymore, and they will not do anyone under 18. Some even hike it to 21.

Since then, I've been in a couple of tattoo shops, looked very hard at the selections, even had my own artwork a couple of times, but the permanence of a tattoo (don't forget, it's also considered an "identifying mark"...) has kept me from ever inking up.

hhhmmm... you on the dole, Boomer? :lol: I'm barely 5'1, a little on the round side, regular features, nothing outstanding... I gotta make SOME kinda impression. :eek:verhere: :willis: :dodle:

SJS

The three most important words in getting a tattoo:

RESEARCH YOUR ARTIST.

And the 'parlor' where they do the ink. Many counties now have Health Codes that these places have to abide by. Check out your local places and ask them what kind of sanitation procedures they use. Do they reuse needles after sterilizing or use new ones?? Is the ink used for one persons tattoo or for several.....
Also ask them to show you their "flash book" - their book of the tattoos they've done. You can also google tatoo flash and see tons of ideas. Once you've decided on a tattoo design ask your artist to draw it out for you and see if their interpretation is what you like. Many artists are really great at listening to what you have in mind and coming up with a unique design that fits your ideas perfectly....
And keep in mind that some areas of the bod are a lot more sensitive than others....

Good luck,
Steph

BoomerD

No reputable tattoo shop will do you if you're drunk or otherwise incapacitated anymore, and they will not do anyone under 18. Some even hike it to 21.

hhhmmm... you on the dole, Boomer? :lol: I'm barely 5'1, a little on the round side, regular features, nothing outstanding... I gotta make SOME kinda impression. :eek:verhere: :willis: :dodle:

heh-heh...at 6-1 and over 250 lbs, I'm kind of hard to miss Kathy...especially with the current long hair in a pony-tail and beard...I look like this guy::ofr: and yes, I walk with a cane!