Orange Shoulder has a BIG issue

angnak

My orange shoulder has a major blockage or something going on. Any suggestions. Just showed up tonight. No test results available. Did a water change two days ago. I can't get a pic of up in there (sorry, kinda nasty sounding) but kinda looks like my substrate. Still eating like a champ, but can tell he is really bothered by it. gets pretty pissy when someone comes around him.

Attachments

• Orange Shoulder 004 2.JPG
    Orange Shoulder 004 2.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 87
  • Orange Shoulder 011 2.JPG
    Orange Shoulder 011 2.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Orange Shoulder 016 2.JPG
    Orange Shoulder 016 2.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 87

leebca

Is that swelling at the vent or near the vent opening? If near, how far is it from the vent opening? How long have you had this fish? What does its diet consist of? Did you de-worm the fish when you acquired it?

While you answer these questions, setup a QT, move the fish into it, and treat with Maracyn Two for Saltwater fishes. EXCEPT I want you to double the recommended doseage of this antibiotic (only). Also, if the fish wasn't de-wormed do that now: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...worming-marine-fish-super-pooper-snooper.html

leebca

I appreciate your desire to help Gfoot, but your recommendation is way off. Magnesium sulfate (epsom salts) is a natural ingredient and in very high concentrations, in saltwater. Adding more has no positive effect.

Best to give help you actually have knowledge on.

Gfoot2000

Leebca, my post was a question within the comment and I was always waiting for an answer also, I did not make any suggestions or advice, adding epson salt in fw is a fact but I didn't not aldd any information on sw besides saying I dunno about it,

There are a lot of controversy on this site about more experienced hobbyist saying unnessessary offensive comments about newer hobbyist, I was offended by what you said, and it was more of an attack then a constructive criticism, I've read thru aot of your work and follow it but I was really offended and drawn back by your comment

leebca

I appreciate your feelings, however I stand by my recommendation that those in the know should be making the recommendations to others. There are hundreds of freshwater experiences. Some apply to saltwater, some do not. Unless you know the difference, it's best to hold off.

Frankie

RS STAFF
There are a lot of controversy on this site about more experienced hobbyist saying unnessessary offensive comments about newer hobbyist
Gfoot, I understand Lee's post was a bit frustrating for you and this will be handled properly but I am curious about this statement of yours. If you have the time could you please send me a PM about it and what you know.
As far as I know, RS is one of the only sites on the internet that does not allow what your statement implies. If you have inside knowledge that I am not aware of please bring it to me in PM. Same go's for anyone that has something to say to this statement.
I would appreciate any info I can get about RS being negative to new hobbyists.
Thanks, Frank.