1 x Yellow Tang
1 x Tomini Tang
1 x Coral Beauty
1 x Dwarf Flame Angel
1 x Cleaner Wrasse
1 x Orchid Dottyback
1 x Diamond Goby
1 x Green Wrasse

I'm currently on the lookout for a Royal Angelfish, a Regal Tang and four or five Anthias.

Nobbygas

Mini Me MK II is actually called Lennard, so, imagine my delight when I discovered a wrasse called Lennard's Wrasse. Watch the video and you'll see just how beautiful this fish is...............but......unfortunately........this fish was only seen in the reefing world around 2010. It's pretty rare, and costs start around 900 euro (approx. 800 English Pounds or 1070 US Dollars!)
A beautiful fish with an ugly price.

Maybe in twenty years time, when he has his own money, he could buy one. They'll probably be about 50 euros then.

Last edited:

Nobbygas

I've been fighting the urges, arguing with the voices in my head. I even woke up this morning in a sweat, although that probably had more to do with She Who Casts No Shadow raising the heating levels in the bedroom to those you'd expect to find in Hell.........but today, after work, I shall head down to my new found LFS to purchase a beautiful Regal Angelfish that has been calling out to me for the last couple of weeks. It came out of quarantine last week, and is about 12cm, so not a baby one, but not fully grown either.
i just might unleash the bank card and get a few more corals as well.

Reactions: SPR

SPR

I've been fighting the urges, arguing with the voices in my head. I even woke up this morning in a sweat, although that probably had more to do with She Who Casts No Shadow raising the heating levels in the bedroom to those you'd expect to find in Hell.........but today, after work, I shall head down to my new found LFS to purchase a beautiful Regal Angelfish that has been calling out to me for the last couple of weeks. It came out of quarantine last week, and is about 12cm, so not a baby one, but not fully grown either.
i just might unleash the bank card and get a few more corals as well.
The Regal Angels are stunning and you've seen the one I have. Just make sure he's been eating all ok as Ive read they can be a little funny sometimes. I never had any issues with mine but...

Best get there quick as if he's out of QT you might not be the only one with 'urges'!

SPR

A very poor video of the Royal Angelfish enjoying it's new home. At this point it had only been in the tank for less than one hour. No aggression evident anywhere.
Very nice! Have you thought of turning the camera 90 degrees for wide angle. Spielberg you are not lol!

Your sand is very clean by the way. Looks like the sand in Barbados, completely white. Did you change it when you had the fish problems or anything ?

Last edited:

Nobbygas

Very nice! Have you thought of turning the camera 90 degrees for wide angle. Spielberg you are not lol!

Your sand is very clean by the way. Looks like the sand in Barbados, completely white. Did you change it when you had the fish problems or anything ?
The sand is very clean due to the Diamond Goby. He does a great job. Sometimes he does muck up the water slightly, but it is not that bad.

What is the point of having a Smart phone if I have to do all the work?

SPR

The sand is very clean due to the Diamond Goby. He does a great job. Sometimes he does muck up the water slightly, but it is not that bad.

What is the point of having a Smart phone if I have to do all the work?
Ah right yes I had a diamond goby in my E260 and he used to throw sand everywhere. I was going to take him back to the shop when I upgraded but he jumped out of the tank the day before! Threw it all over he did.

Anyway Mr diving/shark expert:

QUOTE="Nobbygas, post: 1335318, member: 26294"]Sharks are beautiful, and not to be feared. Reef Sharks? Totally harmless. Hammerheads, the same. I've dived surrounded by Bull Sharks, and one memorable time with a huge Tiger Shark and her baby. Oceanic White Tips, Threasher, Copper, Nurse sharks.......all different kinds. They are more wary of you than you should be of them..[/QUOTE]

https://news.sky.com/story/tiger-shark-kills-american-tourist-diving-off-costa-rican-coast-11152436

https://news.sky.com/story/californ...uscles-torn-apart-in-horrific-ordeal-11146295

Say no more! I will continue to paddle by the sea shore and build my sand castles thank you very much!!

Last edited:

Nobbygas

Ah right yes I had a diamond goby in my E260 and he used to throw sand everywhere. I was going to take him back to the shop when I upgraded but he jumped out of the tank the day before! Threw it all over he did.

Anyway Mr diving/shark expert:

QUOTE="Nobbygas, post: 1335318, member: 26294"]Sharks are beautiful, and not to be feared. Reef Sharks? Totally harmless. Hammerheads, the same. I've dived surrounded by Bull Sharks, and one memorable time with a huge Tiger Shark and her baby. Oceanic White Tips, Threasher, Copper, Nurse sharks.......all different kinds. They are more wary of you than you should be of them..

https://news.sky.com/story/tiger-shark-kills-american-tourist-diving-off-costa-rican-coast-11152436

https://news.sky.com/story/californ...uscles-torn-apart-in-horrific-ordeal-11146295

Say no more! I will continue to paddle by the sea shore and build my sand castles thank you very much!![/QUOTE]
First story: The group were attacked while on the surface. This is the place where shark's usually attacked, but it's usually swimmers, snorkelers, surfers etc. They were not attacked while diving. It's safer underwater than on the surface.
Second story: The bloke was spear fishing. He was killing, injuring fish, and believe it or not, fish can give out distress signals. These distress signals plus blood in the water are going to attract.....have a guess......yep, sharks ! Suddenly, the shark goes into feeding mode, and hey presto, the spear fisherman is suddenly on the menu! Golden rule of dive, the only thing you take from the ocean are photos. You never touch anything, yet alone kill anything.

I am still waiting to hear about somebody diving normally who has been attacked by a shark........Believe me, it just doesn't happen.

Nobbygas

The Queen, as the new Royal Angelfish is known as, has settled in very well. She didn't eat for the first two days, but that wasn't a problem. It is quite common with a new fish. The oh's and ah's that echoed around the living room from She Who Casts No Shadow were a joy to behold, as normally she doesn't take much interest in the tank. Anyone who has visited the house has remarked on how beautiful she is.......all is sweetness and light.......did I say she wasn't eating for two days? She bloody was !!!!!! My big Zoa Colony was what she was bloody eating wasn't it, the cow !
This hobby is just swings and roundabouts isn't it !
I love Zoa's, and to be honest, I hadn't had a good time with them, until recently. They have been blooming, and growing, and spreading. It almost bought a tear to my eyes to see them flourishing......Until Royal Regal Queenie showed up !
I'm finding Zoa heads all over the tank on the sand. I pick them up and try to place them in some obscure spot in the hope they'll continue to grow.

SPR

The Queen, as the new Royal Angelfish is known as, has settled in very well. She didn't eat for the first two days, but that wasn't a problem. It is quite common with a new fish. The oh's and ah's that echoed around the living room from She Who Casts No Shadow were a joy to behold, as normally she doesn't take much interest in the tank. Anyone who has visited the house has remarked on how beautiful she is.......all is sweetness and light.......did I say she wasn't eating for two days? She bloody was !!!!!! My big Zoa Colony was what she was bloody eating wasn't it, the cow !
This hobby is just swings and roundabouts isn't it !
I love Zoa's, and to be honest, I hadn't had a good time with them, until recently. They have been blooming, and growing, and spreading. It almost bought a tear to my eyes to see them flourishing......Until Royal Regal Queenie showed up !
I'm finding Zoa heads all over the tank on the sand. I pick them up and try to place them in some obscure spot in the hope they'll continue to grow.
Hilarious!! Lol

My Regal Tang ate all my Zoa colonies and you might as well just sit back and accept the fact that you ain’t going to have any Zoa’s in your tank for much longer. Otherwise you will go insane like I did as I had some quiet big colonies that I’d grown since starting out and the tang just devoured them!

I even tried over feeding to suppress his appetite but to no avail!

At least you can ‘plant’ the baby zoa food around the tank ready for ‘harvesting’ by Queenie!

Nobbygas

Hilarious!! Lol

My Regal Tang ate all my Zoa colonies and you might as well just sit back and accept the fact that you ain’t going to have any Zoa’s in your tank for much longer. Otherwise you will go insane like I did as I had some quiet big colonies that I’d grown since starting out and the tang just devoured them!

I even tried over feeding to suppress his appetite but to no avail!

At least you can ‘plant’ the baby zoa food around the tank ready for ‘harvesting’ by Queenie!
Don't call it baby Zoa food....that's breaking my heart !

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Offenbach - pretty !

Frankfurt-99835.jpg

Nobbygas

That's actually Frankfurt :) It's a place called the Römer, because there are loads of remains of Roman buildings in the area !
Offenbach city ain't pretty, although I live on the edge of Offenbach. There is no real gap between Frankfurt and Offenbach, but they are separate cities in their own right. In fact, it only takes me 12 minutes on the public transport to get into the middle of Frankfurt from where I live.

Nobbygas

I had to pop into the LFS on the weekend to get some supplies, and just look what came home with me.....A young Emperor Angelfish!

fts2.jpg

And apologies for the very poor quality photo, but they are from a Smartphone used by an idiot, but I haven't put up a FTS for ages...

fts1.jpg

SPR

Very nice Emperor Angelfish. Do I need one - oh yes darling yes lol! But I shall be restrained......

Nice to see your tank is back on track and looking very nice indeed. Its the first time I’ve seen it in what feels like ages.

Very nice and clean and well maintained.

Which fish came through the problems as I see a Flame, Coral Beauty etc., and of course the new Zoa connoisseur!! ?

Pat24601

That’s a beautiful emporer!

I really, really, really wanted one, but my tanks too small. One of my favorite fish visually.

You know, a tank crash sucks. But, on the bright side rebuilding your tank is kind of fun and you get to learn from your mistakes.