Newtek Timer

JulesVane

Good Mornin' All...I just bought a Newtek 8 Outlet Power Strip W/ 24 Hr. Digital Timer. Instructions are kinda' confusing. There are 4 Timer contolled outlets (4 blue/ 4 yellow). I want my actinics to go on at 11:am and off at 11:pm and my Halides to go on at 12:noon and off at 10:pm. Problem being: When the Halides come on, the actinics go off...no good! They don't show which outlet is #1, #2, #3 or #4, and as you know, MH's don't like to be turned on & off while figuring it out (LOL). Any experience for a dope too stupid for this "digital age"?

NCguy

WiseGuy
The white outlets are "always on" outlets. The blues are considered "day time" and the yellow considered "night time". The blues and yellows will work by alternating,blue is "on" while yellow is "off".If you want to run your actinics along with your halides,you'll have to program one of the blues(on/off schedule 7 days) and the other blue for your actinics(on/off schedule 7 days).

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
You could always use a desk-lamp or small fan instead of the lights for testing purposes.

JulesVane

Thanx Guys! Never thought a silly power-strip/ timer could be so confusing. It would be nice if they labled the outlets as 1, 2, 3 & 4. I'm gonna assume they start at 1 on top and 4 on bottom. Is it supposed to be on "auto" or "random"? I programmed 2 blue outlets and they both came on...no good! One was supposed to come on at 10:45am and the other at noon.

NCguy

WiseGuy
I've got a small appliance timer like this one.. Lamp and Appliance Timer

plugged into one of the white outlets that are always on.That way the appliance timer can control the actinics for as long or short as you need. I thought I controlled the two blues separately but I don't.Hope this helps you.