Newo11's RSM 250

Danreef

Pictures please !!!!!

The tank looks great.

Do you think you will have to place a RIP beside the pistol shrimp hole.......

newo11

Very nice.....how do you keep the corners if the glass tank so clean ?

Daniel - the twolittlefishes nano scrapper is the secret. It bends into the corners and helps keep it clean. (Helps, but is not perfect - I still have to use a scrapper very couple of weeks)

1c47e137bcc58067d9bf10144e49f183.jpg
def160a9f02ac3f219de28fc6245b22e.jpg

newo11

Okay, I'm a slacker. My apologies to everyone that I haven't been on here for a while. Life has been hectic!

Tank is doing well - nothing new to report. Except that some of the colonies are getting too big!

newo11

Not quite the picture I thought I'd post, but.......call me a reef nerd but this was way too interesting not to share.

I noticed something in some palys the other day and thought it was a snail. Well when it didn't move, I grabbed the tweezers and pulled it out this morning thinking it must be a sponge. Turned out that it was this HUGE green bubble algae:

770ce716dfede1b922b33eaea79314fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

soco

Not quite the picture I thought I'd post, but.......calm me a reef nerd but this was way too interesting not to share.

I noticed something in some palys the other day and thought it was a snail. Well when it didn't move, I grabbed the tweezers and pulled it out this morning thinking it must be a sponge. Turned out that it was this HUGE green bubble algae:

770ce716dfede1b922b33eaea79314fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Be careful n with those! If u pop that ull have a mess on ur hands they spread everywhere.. U should remove the rock that's on and scope it out for more. That can take over a tank very quickly! Emerald crabs are also pretty good at eating the stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk