Newbie from NH

NHNewbieReefer

Hello all. Figured I'd introduce myself considering I've been lurking on this site (and similiar) for a long time now. I have finally taken the long awaited leap into the SW world. After several years of successful FW tank keeping I have decided it's time. I have three small (29 and under) tanks going at the moment and I recently purchased a 48g for salt. I added the live sand & rock over the past few days. I have been testing & repeatedly staring at the tank as if it's about to do a trick - obsessively. I have read and watched so much on reef keeping that I think my brain is about to burst but I am truly excited. Unfortunately my tank is lacking a skimmer due to not being able to find one locally that is well suited for the tank so it's looking like I may have to buy online. I'm actively browsing in another tab in between letters here. :hammerhea
I look forward to reading everyones posts, viewing photos, and dreaming of what my tank may someday look like. The only inhabitants at the moment are some really creepy looking worms that I keep seeing poking around in the sand near the rock. I did a google search and found the little devils. Bristle worm. I am sure of it. I am not quite sure if I want them there or not. Seems to be mixed reviews on the subject. If it's not a bother, could someone give me some insight as to whether I should leave them or not? I do remember the lfs guy saying there may be stinging worms in the rock but they had attempted to pull most of them out of all their stock. They missed some.

Thanks in advance, happy reefing!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

marineman

Welcome and glad to see a fellow Granite stater here . I would keep the worms as they will contribute to your clean up crew. Just my .02.

NHNewbieReefer

Thanks for the welcomes :) I have kept them in so far. They aren't large - less than an inch each - if even that large. I also have what appears to be itty bitty snails. We shall see. Tank is still doing it's thing & although I spent most of the day away from home - I called home often as if checking on a baby - to ensure tank was doing okay. Didn't want my ... worms .... and rocks (Makes me chuckle, honestly) - struggling. Husband & kiddos are finding it highly amusing how I have been. To the point he has this misconception I must need another infant. Uhm, no. Fish tank is plenty ... :x Is great to see another granite stater on here. We are a daring bunch, with our wonderful icestorms & power outages. Already planning my emergency tank care for future natural disasters. :stars:

molsen187

welcome to RS. i would keep the worms too. their population will ebb and flow depending on how much excess food is in the tank. they are good scavengers to have.