New to the site

Crazyeyes

Hello Reef Sanctuary, my name is Mike. I've been in the hobby for almost 2 years. I've had a 20H, 40B, and I currently have a 75g(going through a remodel) and a nano tank. The 75g has been quite the work in progress, it was setup for about 6 months when I decided to drain it to redo a few crucial things i.e plumbing, light mounting etc. Equipment list is as followed.

Tank - 75g deep blue w/bean animal drain system and a calfo style coast 2 coast overflow.
Sump - A nextReef sump and custom Tsunami sump connected via two 1" bulkheads.
Skimmer - i-TECH 200
Stand - Custom built by myself
Lights - DIY LED light built myself consisting of x4 Bridgelux Vero 10 90CRI 5k whites, x8 Luxeon K 8up royal blues, x28 Exotic hyper violets and x8 Rebel ES limes. Light is powered by LDD-H drivers and dimming and control is handled with a typhon controller.
Powerheads - x2 Jebao wp-25's
Return pump - Jebao dc6000
Reactors - BRS dual gfo / carbon reactor and Vertex 1.5L (for biopellets)
Rock - 40lbs of BRS reef saver rock with a 8x8x4 MarinePure ceramic media block.
Misc - Eshopps gravity fed ATO, x2 American DJ power strips.

Tank is going to be a full bare bottom SPS dominate tank. I will post a few pics of the tank running and also of the redo when I able to post some pics. Looking forward to chatting with some of you. Until later, happy reefing.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

sirrealism

Welcome Go ahead and show everyone what you did LOL. I have known Mike for some time and we talk Via instant message text phone calls and other places. Great guy and I think he will fit in here very well. We both belong to TBRC and hes been to my house a few times since I am known as the aquarium hoarder "my garage is full of aquariums and equipment and I also have a storage unit full" Any time he needs something or wants to get rid of something I get a message. My wife wont let him bring anything to my house anymore with out taking something away LOL. I think we met on the DIY aquariums forum. Welcome Mike

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome to RS! Start a tank thread so we can follow your journey!! :swmfish:

Crazyeyes

So here are the pics.

When it was all up and running with a few pieces of coral. All channels on the light are at 1%.

The sump setup when I first got them both.

i-TECH 200 doing work.

Now some coral, first up is an Acropora loripes.

Miami orchid.

Some sort of blue/purple stag.

Unkown millie.

Okay so now with the redo. I wanted to redo it because, there was a few spots in the plumbing that were leaking and with the tank full I wasn't going to be able to redo it and, I didn't want to bandaid the problem. So we drained the tank, first thing that had to go for good was the starboard I was using, it was terrible under there. Second was, the light was originally being hung with shelf brackets attached to the wall, well even with anchors it wasn't holding so that had to be changed. I also didn't want 2 extra pumps running the reactors so I build a manifold for the gfo/carbon reactor and bio pellet reactor plus a third valve for water changes / acclimating fish and coral. I am also going to be touching up on the stand a bit.

The manifold, the back part of the stand because the way it is right now will drive me crazy. But I like the way the manifold came out.

The light mount, much better than the shelf brackets.

So then this happened, I was putting the plumbing back on, sliding the tank back when it hit the wall and that's all she wrote, put a nice big crack down the back.

So I sighed a bit and complained then realized what is done is done. Put an order in for a new tank, removed my glass overflow, when I realized I'd rather have a black acrylic one, so I bought some acrylic and threw this together.

So that's where we're at now, looking forward to getting it up and running again, also looking forward to chatting with some of you. Until later. Happy reefing.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hi Mike :wave:
:welcomera WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
Sorry about your mishap crack in the tank :mad:
Glad you joined in & are already sharing pictures of your build, going to be exciting!!
Very BEST WISHES....:biker

Crazyeyes

Thanks for the warm welcomes fellow reefers. Definitely think I am going to like this site a lot. And yes Sirreal, that's why I'm glad you're picking these coral up and not having me dropping them off, your wife might tell me to just leave LOL.

landshark

Welcome to RS! Love your bean setup I will have to change my coast 2 coast to to blue acrylic instead of glass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk