new to sw

aquaman781

Hello everyone name is john and ive been into fish keeping my whole life and recently set up a 55 gallon tank. just wanted to see what you all thought and maybe give me some tips and advice other than that of my lfs :).

55 gallon no sump
coralife 65 (modified collection cup lol)
4 powerheads pushing about 1400 gph
60 lbs of natures ocean live sand
50-60 pounds of lr

tank has been up and running for 3 months
fish- 2 firefish 1 clown 1 longnose hawk 1 scooter blenny (assorted cuc mainly nassarius & turbos)

coral- mushroom leather, green buton polyp, waving hand, kenya tree

"edit" lighting on the cheap side dual ho with actinic 420 and 65k daylight

pdawg

Welcome! You look like your doing good, the only thing I could recommend from personal experience is adding a sump/fuge, they work wonders. And also, you have a 3 month old tank with a scooter, scooters only eat pods so I would recommend adding a bottle of cope-pods every couple of months until they get established

BLADEYAMAHA

agcwelcome29.gif

lbiminiblue

Welcome. I kept a 55 for a few months and recently started a 120 gallon. Are you entirely new to saltwater? Are you going to do a reef tank? BTW you can follow my reef chronicle at "the quest for 120"

aquaman781

I have kept fish from tetras to cichlids for years never tried salt water before, but i got a job at a local lfs almost a year ago and have been working in the fish department with both fw and sw. So 3 months ago i decided to go reef :)

aquaman781

And btw im not one of those pet store guys that takes corprate training seriously and gives out information that i dont know anything about i actually love sw customers i learn more from them then they learn from me xD

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
Welcome to RS!
Nice to see someone trying to do right by LFS customers. Greatly appreciated.

....Salt Creep Is Everywhere!....

Blue Space

welcome to RS aquaman! :D Thanks for telling us about your tank. One rule here on RS is that if you don't have pics -it doesn't exist! Just kiddin ya! But we sure would like to see some! :invisible

aquaman781

Of course and i dont think i have gotten a good nights sleep in months! Completly hooked i cant stop studying every little detail of sw experts success and failures