New to RS

Crazyeyes

Hey everyone, I think I already made one of these but I can't remember. I had a 75g tank but I recently downgraded to a 34g solana. Tank has been running since April 21st and seems to be doing well. Pretty basic setup, no skimmer, no media just LR, powerheads, light and filter floss. It's completely fishless and is going to stay that way with just a mix of inverts (skunk cleaner shrimp, pom pom crabs etc). Right now I have a few zoas, a 3 head frogspawn and a small frag of short tentacle green plate. Let me take you through my adventure (photo dump), shout out to Sirrealism who told me about the forum.

Day I got the tank, knew I didn't like the stand and I knew I was going to build one. And Binx the cat giving his input.

So we built a stand for it. Uses 2x2 select pine for the frame and 3/4" furniture grade wood.

Not wanting to paint it black, brown etc I decided to "age" it.

I then picked up 25lbs of Marco rock and made a structure.

The other thing I did was remove the original solana AIO false wall and made a new one from black 1/4" acrylic.

Cut the overflow and silicone it in place, also picked up a piece of white acrylic for the bottom, because barebottom.

Picked up an AI prime but, didn't like the AI hanging kit so I hard mounted it to my light bar.

Speaking of the light bar, it's made from 3/4" copper pipe which then got clear coated to seal it.

Then filled it up.

This is where I am now, littered with zoas, just letting it stable out before adding SPS. Thanks for looking.

Crazyeyes

Thanks man! I'm really happy with it so far, waiting for Brant (sirrealism) to chime in and bust my balls and comment how it'll be running for another 3 weeks before it gets torn down and I start something different. I was kind of bummed about not having a sump at first but the AIO is really growing on me, I even think my next tank will be an AIO, even if it's something bigger like a 48x36x24.

sirrealism

Dont get to used to this tank. He will break it down and sell it off before you know it!!! LOL You know I had to do it Mike. You set me up!! Tank is looking good and right now I really dont have much in the lines of nice Zoas for sale at the moment.

dgilbert2

Looks amazing :). Do watch that no copper can enter the system though, even though you have coated it.

Last edited: