New to RS hello and about me

Doogle

Hi, I'm new here and to salt/reef but not freshwater. I have2 55g full of African cichlids that have been breeding like crazy and I have been selling to locals and fish stores in my area. A 35g that's new and never been set up. A 41g fluval Osaka planted tank with angels and a couple small clown loaches and gouramies khulie loach and peacock eel and a knife fish. 29g tanks one brackish with greens spotted puffer and mollies, the other is a single black Moore goldfish. Platies are in a 14g tank above the kitchen sink,I also have a 20 long not in use with lots of extra canister, h.o.b, power heads, and air pumps. I want to either start a fowler or small reef if possible in the 35g hex or 29g tanks. I grew up in MI and moved to WA and currently am back in MI with my girl and are expecting are firstborn in September. Thanks for reading and helping others and myself.

StirCrayzy

Welcome! And congrats on the baby!

My best advice is get as much done as posssible before the baby gets here.
After that, time becomes much more valuable, and harder to find.
( i now have 4 under 6 yrs)

immerume2

Welcome to.the site. I too have a 35 hex. I have a fish only right now bit plan in adding corals down the road. You can see pics in my little reef chronicle. Welcome and good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Doogle

Thank you I'm sure you are absolutely right! Ya I'm not sure of using the hex because the shape and not having a good light setup to go on it and I would have to scrap the original hood and light. Maybe a small clip on or hanging metal halide would be best. I have two small power heads and two new fluval 205 and a Rena xp3 canister filters and h.o.b aquaclear that I could turn into a skimmer maybe. I'm thinking of a few fish or mostly corals and small inverts.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif