HELP! New to ReefSanctuary

Wendy

9BF3C75E-1AF6-44F4-A831-620614B255BA.jpeg 4EA9843F-3C73-4AF2-B489-D98D29B01161.jpeg I have a tribal Blenny. A couple months ago he looked as if he was starving. Very skinny and face area was sunken in. I was feeding a mix of brine and mysis. I added in tropical flakes and red algae sheets. I also treated with “prazipro”. The blenny has gained weight back and looks healthy weight wise however his tail has turned a white color. It seems to be moving up the tail very slowly. It doesn’t appear that the fin is damaged in anyway. I have researched and can’t find anything on this. I’m pretty sure it’s not normal though as he didn’t look this way before. If anyone has any information or advice it would be greatly appreciated. If you need more info let me know I will post it. Thank you in advance

DaveK

I'm looking at the fish and I don't see anything specifically wrong with it. The tail doesn't look damaged or infected. If the white is due to an infection, it will likely keep going up the length of the fish and kill it. However, it's very much possible this color is normal. You may not have the fish species you think because several fish in the trade go by tribal blenny. It's also possible you have a juvenile color form and it will change to the adult color form in time.

I'd say that if the fish is eating normally, swimming normally, and shows no sigh of disease, just leave it alone. Above all don't panic and start treating it with anything, unless you see a specific problem.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Hi Wendy welcome aboard!!
Looks fine. Probably wasn’t getting the proper nutrition before and is now showing his true colors!
Keep updating this thread with pictures daily and I’ll keep an eye on him.
Please post your water parameters so we can be sure the water quality is good

DaveK

...Please post your water parameters so we can be sure the water quality is good

Just a reminder, if you post water parameters, please post what you tested and the exact reading you got. All too often people post something like "... All my water parameters are perfect...". This doesn't convey any information, because we don't know what was tested or what the test result was. What might seem perfect to the poster might indicate a major problem to someone else.