New To Forum

btk8

Hello RS People

Recently I purchased a used 82 gal aquarium setup. This consisted of a glass tank and cover, wooden stand and hood, 20 gal High sump tank, Octopus Skimmer, Over flow box, Quiet One return pump, Koraila 4 circulation pump, a twin 32 watt NO fluorescent light fixture, 300 watt heater. It also came with about 50lbs. of live rock and about 50lbs or 2inches of sand, 8 hermit crabs and several snails, an emerald crab, a sand sifting star fish, a sea urchin, a cleaner shrimp, what looks like some kind of mushroom and maybe some kind of xenia. An abalone?
So after picking up the aquarium I made the three hour drive home over a 6000ft. mountain pass and quickly setup the aquarium. Hoping to keep all the inverts alive. It was a long night mixing and heating up water. But everything made it. Yeah
The next day I ordered a new light and a RO/DI filter from online retailers. Went to the nearest marine pet store(45 miles away) and purchased some test kits and a little more LR.
Two weeks later parameter holding steady at:
Ammonia 0
Nitrite ?
Nitrate 20ppm
pH 8.0
The new light has arrived. Its a Hamilton fixture. Twin 250 MH 14K and T5 Atinics. The RO/DI filter also arrived. So I put some bracing under the floor where the finale location of the aquarium would be, probably not needed but its piece of mind. Made up a 25% water change with filtered water. Then moved the aquarium to its finale location. Drained all the water and pulled out all the critters and rock. Successful move. I did have one fatality. A hermit crab was found dead the next day. Cause of death unknown.
Another week of tests. Everything was the same except the nitrate came down to 15ppm. So I decided to get some live stock. Stay tuned for more up dates.
Brian

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

btk8

Names and Pictures?

Maybe you guys and gals can help me identify whats in the tank. That mushroom thingy is alright but when my niece comes over she'll be like a hundred questions a minute. Be nice to slow her down with some weird hard to pronounce names.
So whats the best way to add pictures? I do have a photobucket account.
Brian

btk8

It worked, so here are some more photos. Can you identify these critters for me?
Mushroom?
Mushroom3.JPG

Xenia of some kind?
xenia3.JPG
[/IMG]

Mystery thing. They almost look like some kind of small anemones.
Mystery2.jpg
[/IMG]

One of the clown fish and my bta that I got about a week ago. It took the clown fish about a week to discover the bta. Now it no longer hangs out with it buddy.
BTA_Clown.JPG

That is all for now. My camera and tripod fell over. I think the lens is toast, thank goodness I actually bought a warranty.

btk8

Looks like my last post didn't work. Maybe I but to many photos in it. I'll try the pictures one at a time.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
It's a "Security Measure" for low post count members. Once you get a certain # of posts under you it'll work just fine. For now I'm trying to go behind you and "Release" the blocked posts :)