NEw tech

burning2nd

wendsday, ill be finding out if my little invention will be helping us all.

lets check it out.

im working on something that you can Usb interface with you laptop or Pc. a box, with a plug to the wall, and a probe in your tank.

the idea is simple a program with live test numbers of all the readings you need, desplayed in number format to a user friendly screen (big simple numbers)

no more test tubes, no more drops, just a good single sink in the pocket, and done,

if it does go though it will not be cheap im sure, but it will be worth it in the long run.

how much do you guys spend on testing equipment monthly? anyone got a ruff number?

the idea is patitented already, but not made, they have something like this i know, chemist's and what not, but not something that a normal fish tank lover can afford

i hope it makes things eazyer

blue_eyes53813

Very interesting... I have no idea how much I spend on testing.. .Dont know if I wanna know.. But always looking for easier/faster testing... Heck even something that does it all for me... Im kinda lazy,,, jk

Frankie

RS STAFF
This sounds good to me also! I hope you succeed in getting it done and on the market. good luck!

burning2nd

this thought was really only to better myself, (cause im lazy 2) its stupid wasting drops every single day, and looking though glass compair after 5 10 min BOOOO shake for 10 seconds, nope, plug and play.

ill be the happest man in the world if i can make something that we can all use. i dont wanna get rich i just dont wanna play chemistry for the rest of my life,

burning2nd

i wish it to be for all to use, to make this a eazyer hands free er kinda hobby.

will all the scraping and cleaning and replaceing why should we have to test as well.

Cougra

What will the device test for? How do we know how accurate the readings are? What is your back ground in chemistry?

Writing a program that can control different factors like turning a pump on and off to add premixed saltwater or kalk etc to the tank is relatively easy, however creating the equipment required to accurately test and record the parameters we test for most often is a much different matter.

Gina

RS STAFF
Sounds interesting!
We probably have about 120.00 worth of test kits that we use.
A PH monitor
A Refractometer

I find it hard to imagine that your everyday aquarist would be able to afford something like that, especially after buying all the equiptment that is needed for a Reef tank.
Keep us updated on how it works out!

burning2nd

right on right on, im not a chemist, but when and if the idea, flys it will be sold to a department that will handel all the stuff, makeing it, sending it, and selling it marketing corp.

id would guess, that it will be somewere in the millions to make and sell something like this. but if they dont take it. and nothing happens, ill be researching all over to make one, trust me im not gonna give up. this is bull haveing to test the tank everyday like this. i mean its ok and all, but in this day and age i dont think its nessasary.

if

it gets to that ill be finding all sorts of people to help and make something that we can all use.

burning2nd

Good, news, ill post asap and its leagal. for now its a super secret..

NO MORE TEST TUBES NO MORE TEST TUBE down with the drops, up wit da prop's

eazy streets comeing guys look out

Vanquish

I'm researching on a robot that would help test and record all perimeters, po4, no3, strontium, iodine, dkh, SG, Ca, Mg.... estimated that I would be able to put it in the market by 2109 :D :D

So meanwhile if burning2nd can get his stuff right, I Would be real keen!! :D