new tank

sarah

Hi everyone, as some people already know i have decided to set up a tank for a Mantis shrimp.
I already had a 3 foot tank that holds about 20 uk gallon,a external filter and a heater[ need to get a mantis safe one before he arrives].
I added about 1 and a half inch of sand out of my main reef tank and a couple of pieces of base rock for now, i'm going to add some LR out of my tank as well when the water tests are ok and order about 5kg of the internet, i mite add a couple of low light corals as well before my mantis comes.
Any advice and information is always welcome thank you for reading and looking at my photos.

Sarah xxx\
This is my tank/stand before adding thing
sorry for the flash in the picture

sarah

This is the second picture with the stuff in a little hazey due to adding the salt, i will take more photos when it has cleared up.

Sarah xxx

wooddood

the wood dude
sarah i think you should name the mantis little johnny, because i'm sure it will look like him lol.:D

wooddood

the wood dude
:D hi sarah lol. really the tanks lookin good great job, can't wait to see the mantis in there. but i will wait, patiently lol.:D

Frankie

RS STAFF
Looks great sarah! you could call the mantis FFrankie if you want?! lol, good luck!

dani89

mum ur tank is going great but then mantis shrimps look like cockroaches just please keep it away from me thanks
love you xxxxxxxxxxx

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
dani89 you have the coolest mum and she has to be to have a mantis! Can't wait to see the Peacock Mantis Sarah!:)

sarah

just a update of the tank, it has been up and running for nearly 2 weeks. Tested the water everythings fine at the moment, but the dreaded brown stuff has arrived covering everything, i know part of the cycleing processe, i hate this part lol. I will post some picys when it as all gone.

Thankyou for everyones replys i will keep you updated.

Sarah xxx

wooddood

the wood dude
like we talked about yesterday it's all part of the cycle just keep everything running and soon you'll be good to go. good luck and remember patience sarah patience lol.;)

Brucey

Hi Sarah .... sorry for joining the thread late. Love that tank ......... all for a mantis ..... whoa ...... I'd put a lobster in there or something as well. My Lobster and mantis live quite happily in my sump / no fights yet
Brucey