new tank

sarah

Hi everyone just a update, ordered my peacock mantis today should be here tomorrow or wednesday getting very excited now lol.

Tank is looking good all water test are fine algea bloom has gone.

Whan he arrives i will post picys of him.

Thanks again sarah xxx

sarah

Hi guys, just a update after tearing down my 80g i put some of the LR in to my mantis tank, after the first night of it being in there i heard the tapping noise so i went up to the tank with a flash light and there it was a mantis. It is dark in colour with light colour bands on it, havent been able to get any picys of it yet but as soon as i do i will post them.

A very happy Sarah xxxx

sarah

Hi guys just a updated picy of my mantis tank, still cant get a picy of him though:( i will just have to keep trying

Thanks for looking Sarah xxx

Sorry for the picy i forgot to clean the glass :rolleyes:

Curtswearing

Sarah,

For a couple of weeks, always approach the tank slowly. Every time you do, give it a TINY treat. It won't take long at all for it to come out for you.

sarah

one more picy of my mantis tank..everything is doing great at the moment.

thanks for looking sarah xxxx

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Sarah, is that a clam on the substrate (3rd over from the left)? If it is, it will make a tasty treat for you mantis.

sarah

Hi Nikki yes it is my clam it is only there for a few days while i set my 100g up.He has been in there for 2 weeks now and the little mantis hasnt bothered him. But thanks for pointing it out

Sarah xxxx

Gina

RS STAFF
Sarah,
Your Mantis tank is really looking great! Can't wait to see a pic of him.

Brucey

Hi Sar . . . how you doing matey. Tank is starting to look great. That little Mantis will be the best looked after in the UK i reck'on. Well done matey. Keep us posted when you get a pic of the little fella. PS, Did you order him online and where from. I fancy another one for my sump
Brucey

Hi Sarah!That tank set up it's surely a good home for a mantis.I'm not sure if you ever going to see him/her in the open cause once I kept one with almost nothing in the tank so I could see him/her.
Good luck with yours matey.

Ps.Brucey how you're doing?