New tank update. Not an RSM.

Bigjacko

Well I haven't been around much lately after selling my RSM 250.

However as promised, I thought that I would let you guys see what I have done.

I sold my RSM to buy a larger tank with a sump. I have now upgraded to an STM Eco 100. Twice the volume of the RSM and my fish are loving the space.

The STM is a tank built by one of the bigger shops over here in the UK and is a cracking tank for the money.

It is currently running with an Arcadia Classica 2x150W MH, TMC V2 1500 Skimmer ( I know they aren't the best skimmers in the world but it is pulling out loads of skimate), DSB and LR rubble in the middle section of the sump and a phosphate reactor. The sump is lit 24hrs a day with an aquaray white led and the blue is also on 24hrs a day over the main tank. I love the blue at night, it really makes the corals pop, FANTASTIC lights with very little power consumption. I have a Vortech MP40W in the tank on reef crest mode for water movement and an Ehiem Compact 5000+ returning the water from the sump.

I thought that the LR that I had in the RSM had really come to life under the tank lights, you should see the growth of sponges and coraline algae now....completely different!!!!!

Everything is really starting to stretch and grow, my GSP is growing at rates that I have not seen before in the RSM, my trumpet is splitting heads all over the place, new heads growing on my torch coral and my Elegance is now twice the size it was.

I am off today to pick up a few sps frags to try again. The last ones didn't last due to me being stupid and removing Tunze powerheads and reducing the flow in the RSM:smack:

I still miss my RSM and tried to convince my daughter to buy an RSM 130. She now has the Reef bug and wants to try a Nano....this is bloody addictive.

Anyway here's some pics of where I am at the moment.

DSC01670.jpg

DSC01671.jpg

DSC01672.jpg

DSC01674.jpg

DSC01675.jpg

DSC01685.jpg

DSC01677.jpg

DSC01688.jpg

DSC01686.jpg

tnwillia

Great build and thanks for the pictures, Your tank looks like it's full of happy campers!

Dweezil

Very nice! How was it to move everything from the 250 to the new tank? Any initial problems or did everything and everyone just move over easily? The reason I ask is because I know some people are considering upgrading here and was just hoping you could provide some info. :) Your new tank looks great.

Bigjacko

Thanks guys.

The move was stressfull.....to ME.

Everything settled in straight away. The LR was stored in a bucket with a heater and powerhead for 4 days. All of the other stock was either in my mates tank or in a small 3 footer. 1 day to set up ( it must have been a 16hr day too) and everything in that I had in the small holding tank.

I left the tank for a week before getting the rest of my stock and so far it has been a smooth swap over. No spikes and only a small diatom outbreak on new coral sand that I used. All of my old substrate was put into the sump.

I have only just got round to setting up my phosphate reactor again so the diatom bloom should be short and sweet.

I will take and post up some full tank shots and shots of the sump.

All in all it has been worth it.

Oh...and I actually made a few quid out of the swap over too. I bought the STM for a great price. The Ehiem was included in the sale price along with a Tunze auto top up unit.

If anyone is thinking of upgrading to a Godiva in the UK, seriously have a look at the STM range too. Great value units and really well made too. The tanks have rolled edges on the glass and it looks the buisiness.

Dweezil

Great! That all sounds like it went very well. I know I would be stressed too. ;) Obviously, you had a very good plan. :)

Max250

wow bigjacko, nice upgrade and it'll all flourish under the MHs.

Did the Max 250 sell quick? I'm thinking about selling mine but worried about losing a lot on it. I'm not keen on the Godivas but like the STM and Deltec setups.

I look forward to more pics!