New sea cucumber

Purplemouse

Got a new sea cucumber a couple days ago, acclimated it for about 20 min... When we put it in the tank, held it up against the glass and it stuck on. It slowly went lower until it was in the sand. It did have it's "feelers" out and seemed to be ok. Now, he's not moving, the feelers seem to be out but not moving... Should we give him some more time to come around or is he a goner? Not sure how to post a pic.......

gpdno

Most of my are more active at night. Most of them have one spot that they seem to like. I do have one who is the explorer of the group, constantly on the move. My guess is your is just looking for that happy spot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Akshay

I think its just normal. Check for other signs of stress if you think that somethings off. Mine can stay in a spot for hrs doing the sand and ****ting it out. And then off it goes all over the place. I think the one thing they don't like is handing, so I just avoid that as much as possible.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
If it's a filter feeder cucumber, it will find a spot and stay there. It will just extend its feeders now and then.

reefer gladness

You really need to take your time and drip-acclimate cucumbers a good hour or more. Most critters I'd say leave it another day but considering cucs have the potential to poison the whole tank I'd remove it to a quarantine tank until you know if it's going to make it. They need sand but you can just put some in a small Rubbermaid container inside the hospital tank.

PS: you can add pics when you have 5 posts or more. Most of us use photobuck to link pics.