New RSM C-Series C-130 & C-250

brettster

Any updates on the C-series??? Want to wait to see what's coming on the 250... But marine depot has a 15% coupon and I'm very tempted!!

madbuga

Fingers crossed one day we will see a c-250L come out.
you know with LED's from the factory instead of all the bodgy upgrades.
Even better a C-250AL as in Apex controlled with LED's :)

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi Folks, I'm still waiting for the official release date of the C Series aquariums which will have pricing etc what I can confirm now is there is NO LED lighting in the C Series other than that used for Moon Lights.

The announcement in respect of why there is NO LED Lighting will come tomorrow hopefully.

Rsmreef

When it comes to LEDs . I'm not sure that Red Sea will change . After all what do we have to change on our tanks on a regular basis ? Our lights , sure there are other manufactures we can use . But I'm guessing that Red Sea make a good percentage of there profits on ancillaries like their lights. They are after all a company and have to make profits to survive. So Red Sea should make an upgraded version of their hood light with LEDs but only available as an up grade. We know we would buy it.
Kev is that skimmer pump you sent me one of the new ones because it's totally different that the original one I had?
Thanks once again for the quick service skimming well now . Bit more dialling in needed but getting there.

I'm glad I seen this. I will now wait for this to come out. I hope the price is not to much higher than the older model. Thanks for the update Chris, this tank looks awesome!

I found the price for the new tanks. Not sure if it's true.

C-130 Reef System w/cabinet $1049

C-250 Reef System w/cabinet $1999

Maybe someone can confirm.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
red-sea-max-c-series-new-features.jpg

red-sea-max-c-series-new-features-7b.jpg

red-sea-max-c-series-new-features-10.jpg

thumbs_red-sea-max-c-series-new-features-11.jpg

The new filtration looks great. Looks like they left some cut outs to route things through the back. Loving the media rack as well. Super excited to get this tank next year!

Tok, great side by side comparison. On the C-series they really utilized the whole back of the tank for filtration. That's because the power center is now moved to the stand.

Tokalosh

I like the fact that Red Sea is placing plastic strips on the inside of the glass corners to protect the silicone.
But these are going to require constant cleaning if you don't want them to turn pink with coralline algae.

Tok

Zvejkus

Great comparison of the RSM 250 filtration systems. There is a small progress visible on the new one. Especially the medium rack or improved external circuit for cooling. But I still don't believe, that the stock skimmer will be sufficient to get enough nutrients from water in case of higher fish loads and SPS corals in the tank. It looks almost same like the old one. There is also visible from the picture, that the skimmer will not sit on the bottom of filtration, so I would be a bit afraid of vibrations etc.
Does anyone know, why Red Sea did not implement the system of external sump into RSM 250? I think the system on S400, S500, S650 is much better.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Great comparison of the RSM 250 filtration systems. There is a small progress visible on the new one. Especially the medium rack or improved external circuit for cooling. But I still don't believe, that the stock skimmer will be sufficient to get enough nutrients from water in case of higher fish loads and SPS corals in the tank. It looks almost same like the old one. There is also visible from the picture, that the skimmer will not sit on the bottom of filtration, so I would be a bit afraid of vibrations etc.
Does anyone know, why Red Sea did not implement the system of external sump into RSM 250? I think the system on S400, S500, S650 is much better.

Hi Zvejkus, time will tell with the skimmer but I am confident it is a vast improvement, the internals of the skimmer are totally different as is the pump, I think the majority of C Series customers who have run the previous Max 250 will see a significant improvement, watch this space, I'm sure our Max customers will have their say.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Kev, any updates as of yet on release dates? And are the prices right that I posted above? Appreciate your response.

Hi Brett, Sorry nothing to report as yet, I will get it posted as soon as I'm given the info, I'm told it may possibly be next week.