new pump,same problem!

reeferman

well guys,installed my "new" skimmer pump last night,and guess what?it dont work!suprise huh.i think when i call pinkie, ill pay the extra for the sicce pump.tired of fooling with the hydor.had to take impellar out of old pump and put in new one,blow through the air line,and starve the pump[pull out of water till it starts sucking air,then put back in] before it finally came on.scared to turn it off now.it is also a LOT louder than my old one.just wish red sea would make it right with the sicce pump,they sent me sicce circ pump,but old hydor skimmer pump.will keep you guys updated,also about to start a thread with an old 130 i set up couple weeks ago,250 too packed,so i had to have a home for more corals i had.Reggie

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Pretty sad when a brand new pump locks up. Wake up Red Sea - don't replace the problem Hydors with another problem Hydor. I'm glad I don't have room or maintenance time for a 250, but if I did I'd opt for something else instead. Too many problems.

reeferman

dont get me wrong,i love the 250,just very poor pumps.for the price you pay,you should get better quality pumps.other than that,i have absolutely loved every other aspect of the 250.very nice aio system.seems like change to the sicces would be better for all of us,red sea included.

Nowellsy SNR

Yep pretty shocking some people have had no end off trouble with there pumps luckily i've only had heat and noise issues roll on my Euro Reef Arrival

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I love the RSM 250 too - imo - the most beautiful tank around !

I too agree, Red Sea needs to own up to the pump problem, the majority of the RSM owners here have had to deal with it & hey Red Sea - these are not some isolated disgruntled owners, but some of your best customers that love thier RSM tanks & brag on them here with pics & tank threads!

reeferman

its definitely not an isolated incident or disgruntled customers,we all sound pretty satisfied.i agree,the most beautiful aio out there.

Nowellsy SNR

I love the RSM 250 too - imo - the most beautiful tank around !

I too agree, Red Sea needs to own up to the pump problem, the majority of the RSM owners here have had to deal with it & hey Red Sea - these are not some isolated disgruntled owners, but some of your best customers that love thier RSM tanks & brag on them here with pics & tank threads!
Could'nt have put that any better Glenn they need to keep there fan base for there next line off tanks

reeferman

glad i could stir the pot a little bit.not trying to start trouble,just think problems need to be addressed a little better than they are now.i wonder when[not if] this pump doesnt start,should i just bite the bullet,and pay for the sicce?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Glenn - I totally agree on all points!

gareefman - I'd probably bite the bullet and pay for one. It's just a shame you have to. The pots been stirred for quite a while now! :)

reeferman

yeah,reading old postsbeat_dead_horse probably will pay for it,just for piece of mind.hate having to worry every time i turn skimmer off

Oakhouse

I really must have been one of the lucky ones.

Touch wood, never had any problems with the pumps, skimmer is working great, and even with the extra PH, my temp is keeping well within bounds. As far as noise goes, it's next to my desk at home which has 1 pc, 1 server and a laptop running most of the time, and its alot quieter than the computers.

I really do understand the frustrations with the pumps etc, and think RS should be doing something about it, if its not working within the warranty, then the faulty item should be replaced with something that the company knows is working. It smacks a little of quality control failure, why post out a replacement that doesn't work?

Definately the best tank around! but like everything, there is always something that can be done to improve it...

hint hint RSM 500! LOL.