new pix - old corals

molsen187

i just looked through this whole thread and i can say you just got me hooked on sps. those pictures and your tank are incredible. :bow: :bluenod:
i have a question about the softie tank you have. so you use that more for exporting nutrients right? what kind of coral do you keep in there to achieve this? i was thinking about doing something similar and it appears that it is working well for you.

Snappy

i just looked through this whole thread and i can say you just got me hooked on sps. those pictures and your tank are incredible. :bow: :bluenod:
i have a question about the softie tank you have. so you use that more for exporting nutrients right? what kind of coral do you keep in there to achieve this? i was thinking about doing something similar and it appears that it is working well for you.

Thanks glad you like it.
In the softie tank I have a variety of mushrooms, rhodactis, GSP, xenia, leathers - toadstools, devils hand, fingers, cabbage, colt, kenya tree, etc. LPS - Bubble, torch & candycane coral
Here is an old poor quality pic but you can get the idea....not much to look at.
aug31014old130.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
greg can you swing by the house to take some pics of My tank and "Super-Impose" them into your tank? PULEASE!!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Greg what are the names of those last two coral and when can you ship a frag of each to me :D

Frankie

RS STAFF
Greg what are the names of those last two coral and when can you ship a frag of each to me :D

The top one looks like it may not be Seriatopora_hystrix but rater Seriatopora_stellata. Hard to tell under actinic.
The second looks to be Acropora_granulosa.
Greg does sell corals but not in the states :(

Snappy

WayneT Great pictures, thanks for sharing. What kind of camera and lense did you use?
Thanks, the camera is just a Sony.
tnwillia Great shots Greg!
Frankie Awesome Greg. Thanks for sharing!
reefornot2reef very nice
Thanks you guys.
BigAl07 Greg what are the names of those last two coral and when can you ship a frag of each to me
Seriatopora Hystrix (recently morphed from blue polyps to a mix of blue & mostly green - still healing up after it's last fragging session.) & ORA Hawkins Blue echinata. I wish I could, sorry.
Frankie Hard to tell under actinic.
Lighting for both these pix was actually 14K MH. I seldom take actinic shots.
BigAl07 Road Trip?
That sounds like a great idea.:redcar:

Snappy

Twilight on the Reef

As mentioned I seldom take actinic shots but here is one of my blotchy anthia out for an evening swim.
My lighting for a sunrise/sunset effect are a T5 mix of Fiji purple & reef blue bulbs.
jan82010pm024actinicshot1.jpg