New person here!

quader94

Hey everyone I'm new around here :wave:

pwrmac2 told me about the club so I figured I would join

I've had a redseamax 130D since january
the only mod ive done is replace the skimmer with a tunze 9002

heres a shot of it a week or two ago

2e2nfgx.jpg

ever since the tanks been up ive dealt with nutrient problems, ive tried everything.

Dweezil

Welcome to RS Quader. If anyone can help you with nutrient problems you've come to the right place. Just start reading some of the threads and there are many hahah Lots to learn here.

hallie

Hey matey,

Welcome to the club.

Most obvious question re. the nutrient problem is what do you use for water topup? RO/DI (storebought or made at home?), tapwater?

I can only see one fishy in there so I doubt overstocking is the problem. Share your stocklist with us...

How are your Nitrates and Phosphates?

How often do you run the lights each day?

Cheers

Tim

pocketreef

Welcome!

Well, the first thing I thought when I saw your fts was: WOW! So natural! So pink!

Try to find the root cause for the nutrients. In the meantime have discipline with regular water changes. You are doing good...

Cheers

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
quader94 -
welcome-rainbow-rotate-ag1.gif
to Reef Sanctuary and the RSM crew! Great to have another 130D owner join us! That pink birdsnest has some awesome growth on it!

quader94

thanks for the welcome everybody!

for water: i have a 100gpd rodi unit
tds is zero everytime i check it

nitrates are 0

phosphates are present last time i checked, but i cant remember the number

for feeding : i onlyhave 2 fish (sixline and lawnmower blenny) and feed them everyother day and spot feed my frogspawn,nem, and torch

waterchanges: i do 10 gallons every week religously

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I have had great sucess with Chemi-Pure Elite - I would suggest trying ROWAphos in the UK & a premium carbon & changing every two months at max & see if that does not help.

redsea reefer

Welcome to RS Quader94...

Have you have tried Chemi-pur Elite and Purigen together. If so and your algae problems have not decreased then I would recommend a reactor like the Two Little Fish Phosban reactor. That should eliminate algae after a while as long as your not way over-feeding, using RO/DI water with no more than 5 TDS and weekly water changes...