New led light experment Reeftorch 100 watt single chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
get a PAR meter bro. please.

Pimpala thanks so much for the info brother! par meters are way expensive! think i'll just return the light after what u told me.and just dish out the money for some thing else. its a shame the light and color are so nice but to much money for just a pretty light LOL Thanks

PIMPALA

Personally, I'd try to test it first. I'd be interested to see the PAR numbers on your tank. Find a LFS that has one you can rent, check with the local clubs, etc. I dont own one either, but there are 2 around here I can borrow for a weekend. I'm sure SOMEONE around there has one you can use!

Did you buy it on Ebay? or direct from Bill? Champion lighting and a few other places carry them too.

Personally, I'd try to test it first. I'd be interested to see the PAR numbers on your tank. Find a LFS that has one you can rent, check with the local clubs, etc. I dont own one either, but there are 2 around here I can borrow for a weekend. I'm sure SOMEONE around there has one you can use!

Did you buy it on Ebay? or direct from Bill? Champion lighting and a few other places carry them too.
from Ebay we don't have a good lfs around here and i'm not part of local reef club it's in colorado springs and i'm in pueblo.

PIMPALA

never mind. I see on Ebay where you bought it. lol

I hate to do that to Bill. He's a good guy and really went out of his way on my setup. :-/

I'm not bashing the product, just letting you know it didnt work for me. I was very disappointed.

never mind. I see on Ebay where you bought it. lol

I hate to do that to Bill. He's a good guy and really went out of his way on my setup. :-/

I'm not bashing the product, just letting you know it didnt work for me. I was very disappointed.

no it's cool if he's not being honest, i spoke 2 him on the phone he assured me it would replace a 400 watt mh and with what u told me it won't i can't afford 2 throw that much money away even if its just for 1 unit and he told me i would need at least 4

Willie McDaries

no it's cool if he's not being honest, i spoke 2 him on the phone he assured me it would replace a 400 watt mh and with what u told me it won't i can't afford 2 throw that much money away even if its just for 1 unit and he told me i would need at least 4

he says it will replace a 400 watt MH and you'll need 4 of them,what size tank are you running 2 or 3 thousand gallons ? I run 4x250 watt MHs over my 360g,4x400watts MHs would light a swimming pool LOL

steved13

PREMIUM
Everything I've ever read says 1 watt no matter how many won't penetrate. I've always seen they have to be 3 watt. I get great growth with a lot fewer 3 watts.

peligro

That's not true, check out reefstar led fixtures, dude customs his led fixtures runs 1watt leds on it. 119, and gets 150 to 200 par of a 25"height. 6" off the water surface. He has a video on youtube. The problem with running 1 watt leds is having spread between the leds. Just look it up
There is also a guy in Sweden that runs 100w multi chip led fixture And has great growth. Color. Completely replaced his mh. Hes on youtube to. Just don't remember his name. But he has a cube still display that's big.

HTC EVO

lbiminiblue

Ok got the light on the tank LOOK'S amazing. shimmer is even better than MH. better color and even brighter. here are some pics not sure if you can tell or not.oh all the corls are close lights have been off for 30 or 40 mins
DSCF4097_zpsca3d77df.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF4098_zps93d8931b.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF4101_zpsb36513d1.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF4102_zps2290de38.jpg
[/IMG]

How much did you buy it for?

Tru2nr

That's not true, check out reefstar led fixtures, dude customs his led fixtures runs 1watt leds on it. 119, and gets 150 to 200 par of a 25"height. 6" off the water surface. He has a video on youtube. The problem with running 1 watt leds is having spread between the leds. Just look it up
There is also a guy in Sweden that runs 100w multi chip led fixture And has great growth. Color. Completely replaced his mh. Hes on youtube to. Just don't remember his name. But he has a cube still display that's big.

HTC EVO

Sorry but I call BS from the guy claiming those numbers

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

PIMPALA

I can get 200 PAR out of my T8 50/50 bulb 36" below the water. It will replace a 600w sodium bulb used for stadium lighting, no problem.

oh, and for the record, as of right now, there is NOTHING that will replace a 400w MH light, and give the same PAR, spread, spectrum, and over all penetration. nothing.

BLADEYAMAHA

I can get 200 PAR out of my T8 50/50 bulb 36" below the water. It will replace a 600w sodium bulb used for stadium lighting, no problem.

oh, and for the record, as of right now, there is NOTHING that will replace a 400w MH light, and give the same PAR, spread, spectrum, and over all penetration. nothing.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.