New Feature: Social Network

ReefLady

Staff member
Howdy all, as many of you know (or can tell from our highly successful Swicki) I'm always experimenting with new technologies to help integrate the RS experience.

To that end, I have created a Reef Aquarium social networking site. It only took me a few minutes and no money, so here's the deal:

It's very simple to sign up and use. From your profile, you will be able to post blogs, photos, videos and more. What does that all culminate in? A page dedicated to your tank that you can update, get comments, etc.

Think it's a good idea? Than sign up for a profile. You'll see just how easy it is. Then, if enough people decide to use this feature, I will begin integrating it with the forums here on RS (imagine a link to your profile page beneath your avatar).

Give it a shot, if you guys don't like this idea, no big loss. It's up to y'all. :)

Here's the link: Reef Aquarium Social Network

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:( :(

I get this error message when I try to click 'submit' to my new profile
The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.Please try the following:
  • <LI id=instructionsText1>Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
    <LI id=instructionsText2>If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
    <LI id=instructionsText3>To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). <LI id=list4>See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
    1. <LI id=instructionText6>Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. <LI id=instructionText7>On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
    2. Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
    <LI id=instructionsText5>Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed. <LI id=instructionsText4>If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

ReefLady

Staff member
Doni, somebody managed to sign up... maybe just a hiccup with ning server? They just re-launched...

KodiakBear, I can see if I can increase the size of the type. Looks like the blog post is the really small stuff.

T

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Okay. Well now it is saying 'there is a problem with my ID'. Maybe it created a profile for me even though the error message popped up?

Does the sign up require an email verification? I am not at home right now to check.

ReefLady

Staff member
Did you try logging in as Woodstock?

If not, try signing up as "DoniMarie" and see if that works...

ReefLady

Staff member
No forum. Just a social networking site, a la MySpace but just for us reef geeks.

The tie with RS is me running it, and our members... :)