New Corals Today!!

AkaSlyGuy

I got some new stuff today. The LFS had just gotten in a new shipment and I got to have first stabs at it :) It was like christmas!!! I got a brain (welso..sp?), and some orange zoos, and a couple muchrooms that fell off some larger pieces during shipping, and an Elegance!! I know the elegance is very risky, but I have had him keep his eyes open for one and I wanted it. It has long tenticals compared to most I have seen lately. Time will tell with the elegance, I had one for over in 2002 until a huge ice storm hit the area and we were without power for 10 days. Lost everything I had in the reef. Anyway of the sad stuff, here are some pics!!

Joe

Attachments

• DSC00086 (Custom).JPG
    DSC00086 (Custom).JPG
    48 KB · Views: 59
Elegance is right! I remember reading your story about the power outage and you having to add bags of hot water to regulate the water temp. Nice to see that your aquarium has made it through the evil ice storm.
BTW~ What is that "Big Bush" like thing in the center of your tank?

AkaSlyGuy

haha The "Big Bush" in the center of my tank is a Frogspawn!! It is very fragile, and ever once in a while a piece of it will break off. The frogspawn pieces on the right of the tank are from it. I have traded several pieces of it. I have had it about 4 - 5 years I guess.

BTW- The story you read about my tank and the ice storm was not me. :) Some other poor sole that tried to endure mother nature's rath!!!

I also got some cool zoos. Atleast cool to me, I only have a couple of colors of them so they are all cool.

Joe