New corals have arrived! Pictures!

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Nice specimens! Bear with the algae, it will eventually go away. Have you considered a Foxface Rabbit fish. They are grazing maniacs!

JWarren

They graze good, but my experience with the foxface, is they are a pain in the you know what. They need a lot of room and are skittish. Very hard to get out of the tank, unless you hand feed them and then the poisonous fins are not worth the hassle.

Just keep on with good maintenance and quality water and the algae, will fizzle out.

Stacef

Looks like things are settling in. Glad they refunded the money for the coral they didn't send. The only problem that leaves you with is the bubble algae and the hastle. Sorry you had such problems.

Everything looks good now though. Did the sun not make it? I didn't see a pic of it.

Tahnks Lynn, yeah I am very pleased they refunded it!! The bubble algae, yeah it's been fun, but I got that out, I just have a ton of other algaes now.. no biggie, it comes with the hobby.

The sun coral made it!! He is doing wonderful and eats a ton!!! I didn't take a pic of him because it was daytime..I have him in a shaded area and he still is only coming out at night, I'm sure eventually he will maybe switch his schedule, if not it's always fun to get the flashlight out! Right now I am just feeding him Brine shrimp, and marine snow to the tank. My CBS guards him like crazy!! Anything comes near the sun, and CBS is all over it getting it away...even me!! haha.

Stacef

Becky--Yeah it's always something! I can't wait for this algae phase to blow over...then it will look great, I am not taking a FTS yet, everythings covered. I tried my darndest to keep algae out of the pics!

Jason--Thank you, it is turning out very well.

Scott--The Foxface I have not considered, John mentioned they need a lot of room, I can't provide that as of right now, it's just a 20 gallon..Thanks for the compliments!

Craig--Thanks! Through all the hassle, it has become eye candy now, with the missing corals in shipment, to bubble algae, to getting the crappy grape out, it's been fun!! :)

Thanks Mario!! Yup--the classic Xenia!!

Stacef

I have a 220...sitting empty waiting for my assistance of filling it!

We are waiting until we are in our new house to build it in the wall.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Oh, that is where I got it! Thanks for refreshing my memory! I can't keep all the tanks straight.:lol:

Stacef

Compare the before and after aquascapes.

Before
Corals1005.jpg

After on the same side
Corals1019.jpg

Same side whole shot
Corals1016.jpg

Opposite side
Corals1014.jpg

Yes I know that the one side is empty, but that is all of the rock that we have right now..and I think it turned out pretty decent, let me know if you like the before or after better. The tank was getting over ran by algae big time. So I took all of the rock out and scrubbed it with a toothbrush. This was a great reason to rescape!! So let me know what you think, I know that I like it better, but do not know if I am set on it yet.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I like the second one better! The triangular composition is much better than the linear composition. Gives the illusion of depth!:D

plecosword

WOw your tank looks really great! Too bad I cant have mine with all 3 sides like that anymore. Your rock really doesnt look that bad.