New corals have arrived! Pictures!

Stacef

Well, they are here. I don't think the Xenia made it. The purple clove was forgotten when the order was shipped. I am waiting for Yourreef to get back with me on these two things.

The rest..look good. I am not sure what a couple of them are. But here are some pics I took earlier, trust me I will have more updated in a little while!

The count--
9 different zoa's (10-20 polyps of each, I still have to count, I believe we were quite under quota of at least 90)
1 yellow polyp rock
1 pulsing xenia-I don't think it survived the shipping
1 neon green frag 2x2 inch
2 in purple clove polyp (Didn't get shipped)

OrderfromYourreef009.jpg

OrderfromYourreef020.jpg

OrderfromYourreef023.jpg

OrderfromYourreef026.jpg

OrderfromYourreef033.jpg

Yellow polyp rock??
OrderfromYourreef043.jpg

Stacef

Last one for now...
Here they all are in the tank, it took some time!! :bouncer:

OrderfromYourreef045.jpg

OrderfromYourreef047.jpg

Suffering Xenia?
OrderfromYourreef050.jpg

OrderfromYourreef051.jpg

OrderfromYourreef052.jpg

OrderfromYourreef053.jpg

vdituri

That yellow one is a sun coral. They don't need light, but do need to be fed like a fish.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
YAY!!! Nice stuff :thumbup:
Yep that yellow frag looks like a sun coral.
The xenia may bounce back just fine!
Get that green macro algae (caulerpa) out of your display fast! It can quickly take over and cover all the rock/corals. Keep it in a sump/refugium.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
:woohoo:Been thinking about this all day! Everything is looking great. Once the light hits them they'll start to open. Looking forward to those pictures!:bluenod:

Stacef

YAY!!! Nice stuff :thumbup:

Get that green macro algae (caulerpa) out of your display fast! It can quickly take over and cover all the rock/corals. Keep it in a sump/refugium.

That was just included with it, I was waiting to hear from you all with what it was... So take it out?? Will do.

What about the orange thing? What is that? It was attached to a rock, but broke off during shipping

Stacef

did they sell you the grape caulerpa as a coral?

No--They included that, the orange thing (I have no idea what it is) and the sun coral for free.

I guess in the end, they might have been trying to make up for the fact that I may have been skimped on the zoa's. Like I said, I still have to count them. Oh and they didn't send my purple clove.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Stace, the orange coral in the picture below the Sun coral looks like a Kenya Tree coral or a baby Colt coral, or some Cladiella species.

Stacef

:woohoo:Been thinking about this all day! Everything is looking great. Once the light hits them they'll start to open. Looking forward to those pictures!:bluenod:

Most are opened there are some good pics above, they opened instantly, all of the pictures of stuff in the tank are from within an hour of adding everything!!

THanks Scott, I am glad it made you day as well as mine!

Stacef

Stace, the orange coral in the picture below the Sun coral looks like a Kenya Tree coral or a baby Colt coral, or some Cladiella species.

It has a TON of little baby heads, kind of looks like mini zoa's in a way. I know it's not zoa's but to give you an idea of what it looksl ike close up. My camera will not take that detailed of a shot of I would take one to help identify it.

Stacef

did they sell you the grape caulerpa as a coral?

Yourreef.com just called and explained that they were out of the clove polyp so they put 5 other corals in to make up for that...

Well I got three, one of them being the grape caulerpa. The other being sun coral, and the third we are not really sure of. I told him that we need to figure something out, he said he will give me credit for my next order. I told him that they should've called just simply said we are sending some substitutions because we don't have the cloves.

But they are working on getting something worked out, I told them I am not paying $50 for a $20 frag. I wasn't rude at all, and they are being very good! I am impressed with how they are responding, and am happy to see they are willing to fix the problem.

Just thought I would share.

vdituri

Really? A sun coral huh? I didn't order one :ponder2: So Should I put it in the more shaded area? What do I feed it?

They'll have whatever the fish are having. And a side of fries. :grr:

I have mine in a part of the tank that when the pumps kick in moves any leftovers from the fish right into them. Mysis, cyclopeeze, blood worms, whatever they can fit into their mouths. :)

Triggerjay

The pink busy looking stuff is colt coral. I have tried and tried to get that stuff to attach to a rock, and its very hard. On some, I smashed it between some rocks, and it finally attached. I also used a toothpic and stuck it through the stalk, and rubber banded each side of the toothpick to the rock. I hope they do right by you. I would have been slightly (I use this term loosely) upset. Especially with them sending you nusance macro algae in place of a coral. Sounds HIGHLY unprofessional to me. Hope they do right by you. It has made the decision for me to not shop there.

Jason

Triggerjay

Zoa frag # 1 - What are the white spots in the pic of the zoas? I see it on two of them. Its the second pic in the thread.... I may be wrong, but it looks kinda like Zoa eating nudis... You did dip them right?

Jason