New build for the wife

onebigbear

Hi! All
i have been helping my wife with FW tank, SW fish only tank the Reef tank, now she wants my to build a new system, to replace the one twenty five the two seventy five's and the fifty five. So where to start? Weight reinforce the floor for tank stand and tank, then start on a stand, no problem I have build about twelve stand with canopy's. Acrylic tanks ??, I have tried a sump before work no leaks. But a large acrylic tank new to me and I don't mind asking for help and ideas.
I would like to build a 30" x 60" x 27" that is about 250 gal??. Mom is thinking 36" x 60" x 30" that is about 300 gal I think. What ever happen to goldfish!!!. She also want a frag tank, same wide as main tank and about eighteen inches deep. with a fifty five or seventy five gal sump. I have looked in to skimmers and the one I'll build is the 1408 Beckett skimmer I found on a DIY forum.
So here I go hope I'll find help out there, to my question.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

onebigbear

Hi!

Just a quick update on the project.
I am starting with the skimmer build. I have ordered the air injectors I'll use,
they are the Beckett 1408 injectors. I should say that the building information I am using is from a build I read about on RS called (DIY Beckett Skimmer Build by Frankie). I have not had the chance to communicate with him, for I do have some questions. I've also found two suppliers for the Acrylic sheet and Tubing :bouncebox: the tubing I hope can be ordered tomorrow. I may have to drive to Portland to pickup and save on shipping.:ponder2: