Need your help with a project

dwall174

Added a couple more that I have been to in Ohio!

Cougra said:
What about listing Online only stores as well?
Just my opinion here! I think it should be for regular walk-in retail stores! Or at least ones that have regular hours! There are several people around here that work out of their basements or garages. They are open by appointment only & not what I would call a LFS!

Tarasco

I think that I would agree with Doug. Or maybe have a seperate section for online stores. I like these lists because I try to look for stores that I can find when I'm out of town, and just stop in. I don't think that there's anything wrong with a list of online stores, I just would like to keep them seperate.

And as for the rankings, I think DaveK has a pretty good system. Personally, I have yet to see a place that is so great, it ranks a 10, but hopefully one of these days I will.

Gina

RS STAFF
Looks like we still need 31 more states till we have it covered. I know we have members in many of the states that are not accounted for. This will be an awesome data base come on guys!

DaveK

One of the "problems" with doing these reviews is that I like to visit or revisit the store, and if it's a good store, I want to spend a lot more money than I had planned. (smile)

Gina

RS STAFF
Travis,
This is just an idea but, at the end of the month when the sponsors deals are over why not add this to the front page? Maybe, that would entice people to add a few stores from their states.

It would be great if we could at least have all states filled even, if not every store has a review.

ReefLady

Staff member
FidoJoe, you've been a busy boy! Thanks for adding the reviews! Karma next time I see ya. ;)

DaveK

Has everyone on Reef Sanctuary given up on posting their LFS reviews, in the LFS Database area?

I posted a review today, and I was suprised to find another review I had written over 4 months ago still listed as a recent review.

Personally I've found the LFS directory one of the best features Reef Sancturaty offers, and I'm sure there are plenty of other reviews other members would like to see.

Barcochris

There is one LFS in Yuma Az but they always seem to be medicting the tanks??? I do not think that I am going to post it... Thank God for the internet

LOL

DaveK

I can understand not posting anything if you only have one LFS that has SW or only poor LFSs in your area. Still, there must be quite a few people that live in areas where there are good LFS and they have not been reviewed.

I happen to live in an area where there is still quite a few LFSs within a day trip, but I don't know about a lot of them because they don't place ads in the major aquarium publications. I'd like to know about them, especially if they are good.

Craig Manoukian

Medicating tanks is not necessarily a bad thing. My LFS doses copper in all of their fish only, non-reef tanks, which kills parasites and lowers mortality rates. They also date when the fish was put in the tank so you can know how long the fish have been medicated. They also have a quarantine tank for those fish that arrive in particularly bad shape.