need once again your help !

hma

Seeking the exact scientific name of this fish:

SwfnMmuKtt.jpg

It is a Ecsenius sp. , but which one? Origin: Red Sea, reef, small tide pools

Thank's

Frankie

RS STAFF
Im having a hard time finding it Heinz, Does it look like this?
Algue
During my search I read up that some blennies don't even have a proper sci. name.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
The closest thing in resemblance I can find, is an engineer goby and I know that's not right.

hma

Thanks buddies, I know it is hard to find any info or pics for this blenny. Maybe it is a new species, who knows.

1Reefer

I've never seen one like that, I don't dive or anything but I have researched blennys a lot (I ilike them) an never seen anything even close to that, coloration wise... the top sailfin is slightly different than most "algae blennys"... is it an algae blenny of some sort? I know you experts already know if it is or not lol this was for my records...

Frankie

RS STAFF
I have seen this particular goby before. I believe it was labeled an engineering goby also but from my search that is not right.
It looks a lot like a common fish without all the bells a whistles (fancy tale and colors) and why it may not be so popular among collector.
Where did you get this fish from Heinz? Maybe you can trace it back to it's native home via your fish dealer?

hma

I'm working on it Heinz but so far nothing :(

Hi Boomer ;)

thank you so much. I know, this time it is really hard to find any information or pictures. Nothing in Kuiter/Debelius but also in all the other identification books and picture-server around the globe. At least I wanted to have tried. It IS an Escenius species but nothing to find about the exact specification. :evileye:

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
It does not look good nobody seems to have an ID on this fish

Note:

A guy from the states recently e-mailed you through your website on the Balling Method. I do not know his name other than his screen name is "Almost" but take care of him :)

hma

It does not look good nobody seems to have an ID on this fish

Note:

A guy from the states recently e-mailed you through your website on the Balling Method. I do not know his name other than his screen name is "Almost" but take care of him :)

Thanks Boomer, I also could not find any information on this fish, is probably a unknown species.

It is several month ago since I receive a email regarding the Balling method from the U.S., from Canada and Mexico yes, but not from the U.S. . Of all whom I have contact by e-mail i know her real name, adress and IP.

But thanks for the info Boomer, I will be careful and cautious. Where can I find these "Almost"? Here at RS?

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I spent about two hours looking when this was posted and I have no ID or idea what that fish is :)

Stumped!

hma

I spent about two hours looking when this was posted and I have no ID or idea what that fish is :)

Stumped!

Yep Eric .... but thank you for taking the time :) looks like it is a previously unknown fish. I will send the image to IFM GEOMAR, the German Alfred Wegener Institute.

@Boomer
I now know WHO is "Allmost", know this real name, address and IP. Found the thread with Claude Schuhmacher too ;) , Once again thanks

Boomer

I just got this from my best friend Tony Vargas :)

Boomer I reached out to Victor Springer, the number one expert in the world for blenny identification and he has never seen that color pattern before. He also mentions that he feels that this belongs to the genus Istiblennius (Rockskipper). He would like to know where was the photo taken and are there more photos of this fish to help with a positive ID? He also would like to know whether this is the fish's regular color pattern as they can change with behavior.

hma

I just got this from my best friend Tony Vargas :)

Boomer I reached out to Victor Springer, the number one expert in the world for blenny identification and he has never seen that color pattern before. He also mentions that he feels that this belongs to the genus Istiblennius (Rockskipper). He would like to know where was the photo taken and are there more photos of this fish to help with a positive ID? He also would like to know whether this is the fish's regular color pattern as they can change with behavior.

One more time thanks for your engagement Boomer ;)

The picture is from Klaus Schatz, maybe you know him too? I send him your information and expect his answer.

Boomer

Yes, I know the pic is from Klaus, it is on the image but no I do not know him but do know Peter Schmiedel whom both of you know along with Claude.

Frankie

RS STAFF
If this ID go's off the site could you post the results here in the end please. Inquiring minds would like to know.
I too have see either that fish before or the picture itself on another site and am curious the out come.
Glad you joined in boomer :thumbup: