Nautilus TE, Protein Skimmer w/ Pump

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Up for grabs a Nautilus TE Protein Skimmer w/ Mag 7 pump.

Skimmer and pump are in great conditions, the skimmer is missing the turbo eductor/venturi, this part can be special ordered from the LFS not sure on pricing since I sold my 150 I have no need for it. Skimmer is rated for 300 gallon tanks but would not use it on a tank larger than 150 gallons.

Trades welcome and considered, I am looking for large pumps, 400w halide pendant or ballast, just make me an offer or let me know what you have to trade if your interested.

Thanks
Eric

Frankie

RS STAFF
Darn! Sorry to not get back to you Eric. I got very busy helping someone out on a remodel over the weekend. If your still interested in the cup and educator let me know and I will dig them out~

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Pics in a while, when I say skimmer for $100.00 + shipping I mean skimmer only no pump. Just wanted to clarify

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
utf-8BSU1HMDAzMjQuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMjUuanBn.jpg

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-38.jpg

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
If anyone's interested make me an offer, this is a good skimmer I just have no use for it.

Thanks
Eric

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Sorry I missed the question, the skimmer is 23" tall, the foot print is 8 1/2"x8 1/2", please email or Pm me questions, I forget to check this sometimes. The pm/emails go directly to my phone so you will receive an answer asap.

Thanks
Eric

Make me an offer!

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I decided to make a venturi for this skimmer since I am missing that turbo eductor piece, here is the final product cost about 50 cents and 5 minutes of time.

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-41.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNTIuanBn.jpg

Got a nice milky cylinder with just turning it on I haven't fine tuned it but as you can see she's working great.

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-41.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNTIuanBn.jpg

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
No I didn't, Wow they sell for $159.00 now adays without pump. I lke these skimmer and have been using them for a few years now.

Eric

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
if anyone one is interested in skimmer or skimmer and pump make me an offer.

The pump is a mag drive model 7 700gph with the homemade venturi, or if you want the orginal venturi Frankie has one and a spare collection cup. I am not going to buy it just to turn around and sell it ;) the homemade venturi works equally as well.

Thanks
Eric

BobBursek

got my Nautilus TE with a Rio 2100 pump from my mentor for free when he upgraded, I have had it for 3 1/2 years and love it, but it is the only skimmer I have ever had. I got an extra cup and eductor from Nautilus just in case I broke the one that came with it.

Frankie

RS STAFF
When I was using this skimmer I found the sedra 5000 really put that foam up. I also moded the air intake.
Over all the skimmer works great for tanks 90 gallons and under with a medium stock and refugium. I would not use it with a probiotic system though.
Great skimmer for a new hobbyist just learning with minor corals and a few fish.

BobBursek

Frankie,
Never like to disagree with some of the "pros" on the forums, but my tank is a 120g with a 30g sump/fuge light to medium on fish and plenty of Sps's and Lps's and my Natulius TE keeps it clean.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Im no pro, just another Jo ;)
Keep in mind Bob that your husbandry is better then most new hobbyists. And you have what I said above, a refugium. That is doing more work then you realize.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I ran one of these on a fully stocked 90 gallon reef and it did the job never had a problem. There are a few pics in my gallery, clams, sps, softies and all the fish and inverts you could ask for :)

I always run a 700gph pump the 500gph just doesn't cut it ;)

BobBursek

I will not argue about the effects of the fuge/sump since that was there from day one so can not compare that. and thanks for the complament, you must be right on that. I was gone for 2 months this fall and my neigbor just fed, emptied the skimmer cup, filled the Kalk jug and topped off when needed, and all was fine when I got home except for some glass scrapeing of the purple stuff that all the newbies are wanting for.