Nautilus TE, Protein Skimmer w/ Pump

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
The 90 I ran the nautilus on had no fuge and a tide pool 2 sump :)

Maintenance was simply change the filter pads out weekly, change the carbon bi weekly, and. 5 gallon weekly water change, nothing to drastic but it was done religiously. The tank also only had a 2-3" sand bed.

The only other filtration was a phos ban reactor.

I wouldn't however use this skimmer on a 300 gallon as suggested but I might go 150 actually that was the plan but it was going to be fish only.

BobBursek

It sounds like the Nautalus skimmer got great reviews!!!!! Good thought, are skimmers rated for FOWLF tanks or Reef tanks?

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I would say reef but that's a guess. I like the ol nautilus, I will get some pics later to show the garbage it's already pulling.

They work well, even for old technology I would still put this skimmer against a lot of these newer skimmers in the same price range. I guess the only downside it the height.

My .02

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Well I'd say if someone does decide to buy this skimmer they will be well informed. :)

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Here is a picture from today.

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-46.jpg

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
First $75.00 takes it's, shipping included.

No pump but I will send along the venturi I made.

Thanks
Eric

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Factory recommends 500gph, the people recommend 700gph both will work 700gph just seems better.

razorvines

I am still interested, I just have to make sure that I have room to fit it underneath my tank. I really need a better skimmer on my 125.