My wife rocks red sea max 650!

i ordered my tank on 2/27. They told me 1-3 weeks. I called about a week and half ago and they said it would ship last monday or tuesday. I'm not sure if the company is jerking me around or if red sea keeps pushing things back but it's been the hardest $5000 i've ever tried to give away. Quite frustrating.

I don't think they're messing with you. This guy ordered his from fishtanksdirect.com which if you look at the location address is the same as the place you ordered yours from. They say they have the 400's in stock. He has his.

Choff

What color stand did you get? I was told different colors take longer. Black being one of them and even longer if you get one of the special finishes.

Pens sucked tonight...I lived in the North Hills, Wexford to be specific.

carlfike

Standard black. I don't care when the tank ships I just wanted a firm date or someone to say I don't know. I hate getting made up dates.

Choff

I'm getting standard black as well. I ordered my tank through my LFS so I have had no direct contact with the reps. My LFS told me they said 3-4 weeks, but to take that with a grain of salt. I plan on waiting until week 3 to give a call to see if they have any update/status. I just ordered a ton of stuff, I think when that starts to hit the door step I will begin to get antsy.

There are Red Sea reps in other forums on the web that could probably help you out. They were able to find retail store locations so I could view their products as well as availability.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
There are Red Sea reps in other forums on the web that could probably help you out.

I don't think so... the RSM Club here on RS is the largest RSM club in the world by far... but if you know of a contact name, share it with us.

Avaid, Kevin & Steve are the only ones I know of... along with Amanda (who took Pinky place), Amanda should be able to give you status on any order that ships from Houston on any RSM 130d & RSM 250

It's my understanding the new S series are so heavy... they are handling them a bit differently - I will ask Avaid to reply... Cheers

Amanda: Customer Service Rep.

U.S.A. Office: Red Sea 18125 Ammi Trail Houston, Texas 77060

Tel: (281) 447-0205 Fax: (281) 447-1153

Toll Free: 1-888-RedSea9

carlfike

I don't think so... the RSM Club here on RS is the largest RSM club in the world by far... but if you know of a contact name, share it with us.

Avaid, Kevin & Steve are the only ones I know of... along with Amanda (who took Pinky place), Amanda should be able to give you status on any order that ships from Houston on any RSM 130d & RSM 250

It's my understanding the new S series are so heavy... they are handling them a bit differently - I will ask Avaid to reply... Cheers

Amanda: Customer Service Rep.

U.S.A. Office: Red Sea 18125 Ammi Trail Houston, Texas 77060

Tel: (281) 447-0205 Fax: (281) 447-1153

Toll Free: 1-888-RedSea9

I've already been in contact with avaid. Red sea has the best reps in the world.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Cheers kderobertis !

You might check out this RS forum too... and thread... was started when SteveH (now in Red Sea Sr. Mgt, was our Red Sea Rep) http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea/37228-ask-red-sea.html

Red Sea

and just for fun... check out this huge... thread... where the RSM Club here on RS broke the news on lots of 1st post on the web with details on the new S series tank.... starting on 05-12-2010, 09:09 AM

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/59018-red-sea-max-500-a.html

RedSea Aviad

RS Sponsor
Hello everybody,
First of all, Carl- if you have any issues concerning a Red Sea product, why go round and round about it?
Go directly to the source, talk to me!
I know you are NOT unhappy with us, but just to be clear- I hope I can make it a better experience for you, now that I’m involved.

As for professional questions and inquiries, I don’t like to respond over the professional forums, in order not to “upset” anyone.
Red Sea has a sponsor forum:
Red Sea

If you have any question whatsoever, I can help you there.
There is no need to go and venture to other websites, you won’t hear anything different there.
I’m onboard, but like to do everything silently behind the scenes.
(I was asked to post here)

Thank you and have a great day,
Aviad

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Carl- if you have any issues concerning a Red Sea product

Avaid I don't think Carl had anything but praise for you & Red Sea - but thanks for the reply, I asked you too... when I read that there was "other" Red Sea reps on "other" forums... but this has been clarified.

There are lots of members of the RSM Club that are interested in the availability of the new S series tanks & correlation ship times from when they places orders, they have been chatting about their availability for over two years now here in the RSM Club.

carlfike

So a lot has happened since my last post. A local reefer gave me deal of a lifetime. He had a brand new still on the pallet 300g reef ready tank (96"x30"x24"). He offered to let me have it for $500 Along with the stand. I pick it up Saturday morning. I'm a bit sad I won't be getting one of the new 650's but this was a deal I couldn't pass up. Look for a build post for the 300g sometime Saturday night. I'm going to take it slow with build and do it right.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Wow, wasn't expecting that! Did you just get sick of waiting for the 650? Good luck with it and looking forward to seeing it.

carlfike

Wow, wasn't expecting that! Did you just get sick of waiting for the 650? Good luck with it and looking forward to seeing it.

Not at all. I still might get one down the road but when the guy told me I could have that 300g for $500 I was shocked. The tank sells for close to $2500 on glass cages. Plus I <3 DIY stuff and this gives me the chance to build a sick DIY LED light fixture from rapidled lol.

jeffrey

I ordered my 400 S from Fishtanksdirect and it took just over 3 weeks. No matter who you order it from it will first be shipped to them, they will then accept the shipment as good and then ship it out to you. Sorry things didn't work out for you, it is a beautiful setup!
Congrats on your new tank.