My very own 250!!!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks for sharing - always so fun to see a new tank start up !!! Rockscape looking great !!!
1055.gif

Did you epoxy them or use some other method to create the design? Looks great !

Abradinho

Did you epoxy them or use some other method to create the design? Looks great !

I used three pvc pipes (12mm) (vertical - left, center and right) and used zip strips/cable ties to fasten the horizontal laying rocks and some of the small rocks on the left side. No epoxy used, but I'm sure they're well secured.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I used three pvc pipes (12mm) (vertical - left, center and right) and used zip strips/cable ties to fasten the horizontal laying rocks and some of the small rocks on the left side. No epoxy used, but I'm sure they're well secured.

Even better - great work !!! I hope on my next tank to do similar !

GregT

+1 nice job.
I did the ties, foam and epoxy but would add pvc if i changed anything to raise my rockwork over the sand.

Cheers
Greg

Abradinho

Thanks guys! :)

How much sand / substrate do you guys use? I'd like a layer of 3-5 cm (1-2 inches) of in example the Fiji Pink from Carib Sea. How many kilos / pounds do I need?

Let me start off by offering a late "Welcome to the Club!"

Good to see another 250 getting set up.

I have 80lbs of sand in my setup, really only because the sand we get comes in 20lbs bags, and I thought 60 was not enough. Plus I wanted to to a jawfish.

The fish list you mentioned is long!
lol all great fish but I think that the Angels will fight unless you do it right. In all honesty, if you check out my thread, you will see that it is hard to get these fish to get along.

kyley

The aquascaping looks great! Well done with the pipes / zip strips to secure everything. If I were to do it over in my tank, I'd secure everything better... No rockslides yet (knock on wood), but I'm afraid they could be much more secure.

I have 69 pounds of sand (although some of that was probably just water weight) - 40 pounds of dry sand and 29 pounds of live sand. That gives me about 2 1/2" - 3" deep. Take care,
--Kyle

Abradinho

The fish list you mentioned is long!
lol all great fish but I think that the Angels will fight unless you do it right. In all honesty, if you check out my thread, you will see that it is hard to get these fish to get along.

Hi LPSMonSter, I've understood that I was a bit to optimistic regarding my fish list... :) But there's plenty of time to figure out what fish to add, so it's not my top priority right now... In a few weeks (hopefully) I'll start adding some fish. Thanks for your response.

Abradinho

Need help with skimmer...

Skimmer1.jpg

Skimmer2.jpg

Does anybody have the Deltec MC500 skimmer and want to help me?? :help:

I don't understand how to adjust the air tube correctly. When I open it fullly the bubbles overflow the skimmer cup in seconds, just can't be right. And when I adjust the air inlet the bubbles wont reach the skimmer cup... So it's either filled up in a few seconds, or just bubbling water that don't reach the skimmer cup at all... The water level is where I want it, and I can't place the skimmer cup any higher before it will keep the lid from closing completely...

Anybody? :eek:verhere:

imaccat

I dont know anything about the deltec, but a couple of points to note from my experience.

Where there is no/little bioload there is no waste for the skimmer to skim, so the bubbles will be very wet, or not at all

The stock skimmer air adjustment is extremely sensitive, literally the minutest of adjustments makes a lot of difference

Again with the stock skimmer it can take a while (a couple of hours) for the bubbles to build up to the skimmer cup, so I would start with it adjusted so that it doesnt reach the cup and leave it, but this may all be in vain if there is no bioload to skim - as per my 1st point

Good luck