My RSM 250 Set-Up

aramis

Attached are some pictures of my RSM 250 set-up. As of this weekend, I can finally say that it's complete (but then again, never say never). Thanks to all of you that answered questions I had, and for letting me steal your designs. My success is a result of this forum. Like a lot of you, I started this adventure with little knowledge of what miscellaneous equipment I might also need to ensure success and make life easier. Therefore, here's a list of those items that may help other beginners who have the same question:

Kent Marine Deluxe Hi-S Maxxima 60 GPD RO/DI System
Marine Depot Aquarium Refractometer
Rainbow Lifegard Big Digital Temperature Alert Thermometer
Pocket TDS Mini Meter
Red Sea Coral Pro Salt Mix
Red Sea Success Reef Base Substrate
Fiji Live Rock (90 lbs)
Boyd Chemi Pure Elite
JBJ Arctica Titanium Chiller DBE-200 1/4HP
JBJ Automatic Top Off (A.T.O.) System Water Level Controller
VorTech Propeller MP40
Maxi-Jet 1200 Powerhead / MP 1200 (for ATO return)
LifeReef Nano-Prefilter for Red Sea Max
LifeReef Model A Sump (16x16x14); MagDrive 9 pump for return
LifeReef SVS2-24 In-Sump Skimmer with MagDrive 9 pump

Since my cycle completed, other than my CUC, I've only added 4 small fish - two clowns and two damsels. I've stayed the course by taking things slow and it seems to have paid off so far. I'll continue to add to this post as I add more fish and/or equipment.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
You got the picture up - looks nice! And a lot of helpful hints that may help other owners with possible equipment options.

If you want to get larger pictures posted try photobucket.com - a free service that after you sign up, lets you upload pictures to it, then copy & paste image links in your posts that will display the pictures after you submit the post. Here's some instructions posted in redseareef's thread a while back that might be helpful. The look of Photobucket may be a bit different now, but the process is the same. Start on post # 57:

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...-here-its-here-finally-here-4.html#post561477

Best wishes on success with the tank!

And no - it's never complete LOL!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good job. If you go into your gallery, put your cursor on a picture, you'll see a list of links appear below the picture. The image link is the bottom one - if you left click once on that link, then right click and and choose copy, then go to your post, and paste it in, you get that image in the post:

(it helps to have the gallery open in another window or tab of your browser, and go back & forth)

Tank_Full.jpg

Another:

Tank_Close.jpg

and:

Sump.jpg

Very nice setup!

aramis

OK - another error - I failed to fully read Terry's suggestions to get the pics to be imbedded here - I'll try again later - that's what I get for doing this at work! Thanks for the help though Terry!!!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Those work too, but they're direct links, and not image links. Either way we can get to the pictures! :)

edit - easier to do this stuff at home!'

tnwillia

Wow, looks great! Your Overflow in the skimmer chamber is I think the first one done like that and it worked out great.

On the last couple of pictures it shows you have the fine polishing filter in the flow slot between the left & center chambers. If your using the original material it came with, it will clog up in a couple of days and really messes with the flow or it did in mine, just something to watch.

Your off to a great start, looking for more pictures as it grows...Thanks!

aramis

Tom's correct - it's a ventilation opening - if you're asking about something else, let me know which pic has the item in question.

aramis

Hey Tom - I talked with their tech support immediately after our last e-mail exchange - they couldn't help me out and I may be in a jam. I bought the unit ~ 2 months ago when I ordered my tank. I never opened it until this past week when my sump finally arrived. It seems that you need to register their products within 14 days of purchase or the warrenty is void. On the other hand, if I had opened it when I got it (I bought it from Marine Depot) I wouldn't have been able to return it there (they allow 60 days for returns). Kind of a Catch-22. I may give JBJ another call and talk to their customer support department and explain my case. So, for now, performing my top-offs the old fashion way. Hope all is well with your tank.

Tim

tnwillia

Hey Tim....You could try to set up mode B. with min/max level in your sump. As long as you watch it the water will never get low enough in your bucket to take out the pump. Maybe going Min/Max for plan B you can stop that over run on the pump. Just guessing here as a last resort. Good luck!