My red sea max adventure

clka

Wow, that's great! Congrats, you should feel really good about providing the proper care it needed.

Cheryl

Thanks for the comments, very pleased with how the tank is going at the moment. Been doing balling light with an auto doser for a few weeks now and the levels have stayed very stable.

I'm hoping Santa is going to bring me a vortech for Christmas. Which ones are people using? The reason I ask is that I have heard they can be noisy if on full power, so do you get a higher model like mp20 or 40 and keep it turned down?

Well I thought I would just do a bit of an update.

Santa was good to me, and I picked up an MP10 a couple of days ago.

DSC04196.jpg

Whilst fitting that I got round to doing to mod of changing the two stock pumps to one Eheim compact 1000, very happy with the result, and I can now fit the Tunze ATO in the pump chamber which works better.

DSC04193.jpg

Here are a couple of updated pictures, had to move a few thing about due to getting too big.

DSC04202.jpg

DSC04201.jpg

DSC04200.jpg

DSC04199.jpg

DSC04198.jpg

and heres a new full tank shot

DSC04197.jpg

My cabinet is now getting a bit full though.....as you can see.

DSC04195.jpg

DSC04194.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hey James - tanks looking great & nice additions, you will love the mp10 !

What is the yellow coral I am seeing in the sand? Great color !

oceanreefs

Hello everybody, it's so nice to be a part of a group that everybody's on the same page ,Red Sea Max rocks. I'm a lucky man I have had my 650 since January for its great they built this tank with everything in mind not too crazy about the lighting but they tell me it's efficient well I'm converting right now to 3 different types of lighting the front hood is cree LEDs a mixture of whites and Royal blues- the middle section is 3 double ended 250 W metal halide 20,000 K- and right now I'm working on the back section with 10 whites and 10 Royal blues from future lighting this is the 1st, Time s I have ever used their LEDs they seem to be pretty good. I just started today to mount them on a small piece of aluminum so I could put them in the hood I don't want to much light in the back of the tank it promotes a lot of growth of algae and it's hard to get to that, that's why I'm only putting 20 across the back. The middle section with the 3 metal halides going to give me a lot of light plus the front section I have 4 rows of 14 LEDs so that's going to be a lot of light , once I get everything up and running I'll take pictures and show everyone.Phil:whstlr: